Author Topic: Bucks County Rear Sight Question  (Read 2577 times)

Offline rsells

Bucks County Rear Sight Question
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:58:44 AM »
Do any of you guys have a good photo of a rear sight from an original Bucks Co rifle that you could share?  I am having a hard time finding a good close up or an original rear sight, and need the info to make a correct sight for a rifle I am currently working on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                                               Roger Sells

Brookville

Re: Bucks County Rear Sight Question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:15:34 PM »
Here's one that I would consider typical.  Note that the sight is at the center of the "platform".  This is a typical Bucks County feature although, as always, there are exceptions.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:03:28 PM by Brookville »

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »
    Roger,  TOW and probably others offers a good copy of the above sight that Eric provided a photo of.  I think they list it as a Lehigh sight.   So, unless you are intent on making your own, you can get a good commercial copy.

Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline rsells

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »
Thanks guys.  I thought it was like the Lehigh sight Track sells, but I couldn't confirm the configuration with my reference books. 
                                                                                                    Roger Sells

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 07:29:22 PM »
I was going to say that that sight looks like a Bucks sight, so looked at my rifle and was surprised, because that's a picture of the sight on my gun! So yes, that should be a good Bucks sight, and it's on a gun attributed to George Weiker!
John   ;D
John Robbins

Offline Dave B

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 08:03:46 AM »

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 08:13:41 PM by Dave B »
Dave Blaisdell