Author Topic: set trigger update  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
set trigger update
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:06:45 AM »
Figure I would post an update that folks new to builds like me could use in the future. I try to go back to old posts for info before asking questions figuring you folks been there and done that.These L&R triggers come with a lot of height to work with various types of rifles I suppose. Couple of you guys alluded to this and said you can file em down as long as it still functions safely. I had to take what I thought was a good bit off but ended up good to go.Mr.dremel came in handy.Started off with having the lock in place,cocked and by pushing the trigger pack into its inlet it would hit the sear and set it off.Made my adjustments taking off a little at a time while keeping an eye on the set trigger notch to make sure thing would be safe.After getting it to a point it still would fire while using the set trigger,it would bring both bars up to hit the sear.A little more off and its good to go.Functionsgood and while not a fan of set triggers it works well.I like just using the front trigger and this one works great a little squeeze you feel it against the sear and it breaks just right.Polished the sear and bars,good to go