Author Topic: Kibler's Longrifles  (Read 15959 times)

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
Re: Kibler's Longrifles
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 08:50:33 PM »
I've been following your project since the beginning and congratulate you on your progress. 

Next design?  My vote is for an early Bucks county.
Mike Lee

Online elkhorne

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 06:48:43 AM »
Jim and Katherine,
You all are doing a fantastic job that no one in the muzzleloading realm has ever done before. Your kits are the most precise anyone or any endeavor has ever made. Fit is reminiscent of 1800 Sharps and Winchesters but with a nice Southern flintlock!
Got mine for Christmas and still amazed at your attention to detail all the way from parts to inletting to shipping method. Studying mine and when things settle down after the holidays, will get started!
Congratulations on your new shop and would have loved seeing you position that bandsaw!
Look forward to your future projects and will be in line for the next! Like several others have mentioned, a Lehigh or J.P Beck would be wonderful as no one really does either of those schools/maker right.
Thank you for everything and wishing you all the best in 2017!
elkhorne

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 12:41:11 AM »
I love your entrepreneurial spirit on top of your artistic abilities!! Go for it!! it is wonderful to see you working on the cutting edge of combining art and technology as well as bringing these wonderful gun into the range of affordability for so many who want and will treasure them. It is a blast to watch you two go!!   Wish I were near enough to sweep floors.
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Boompa

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 03:38:11 AM »
          I'm sure no expert on rifle kits but I have built several from the big supply houses and also a Lyman GPR several years ago.  Mr Kibler's are so well thought out and along w/ CNC precision it is the finest kit I've built.

If we're voting on the next rifle I'd be happy with a gun that has a larger, more useful to me, bore. A Beck maybe in 54?  I really don't have much use for a squirrel rifle but the Mtn rifle is so slick looking I had to try one.
      Are lefty guns in the future?  Due to a problem w/ my right eye I may have to learn to shoot left.

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 05:22:21 AM »
Second the vote for a JP Beck.
Kunk

Offline deepcreekdale

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »
Congratulations on your progress Jim. It is wonderful to see another maker of high quality rifle kits come available. It should help to create interest in new builders, and hopefully will bring more younger people into it. Too many of us are starting to get a little long in the tooth, without new builders being given a way to learn how to do things right, the way you do it, there might not be much future for quality muzzleloaders. We all owe you a debt of thanks. I haven't built from a kit in 40 years but looking at your beautiful work, makes me want to give another one a try.
”Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Billy Mike

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 05:04:59 PM »
Jim and Catherine,

My rifle is not yet finished and have the only 2 people that have seen it, wanting to shoot it and own it. I have come up with a way to prevent drilling into the side of the bolt holes with a pop can. It works perfect and holds the drill straight.

This is one very fine product.

Thanks for all your efforts. May they pay off as well for you as well as they've pleased me.

Offline deepcreekdale

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 05:43:03 PM »
Billy, could you share your technique? Sounds like you may have come up with a solution we would like to hear explained. We are all interested in new answers to problems.
”Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt

Boompa

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 12:29:18 AM »
I have come up with a way to prevent drilling into the side of the bolt holes with a pop can. It works perfect and holds the drill straight.

Billy, I'm confused. I'm not sure what you mean. My kit came w/ all the holes drilled. ???

Offline Billy Mike

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2017, 01:17:25 AM »
Billy, could you share your technique? Sounds like you may have come up with a solution we would like to hear explained. We are all interested in new answers to problems.

Dale, I will but we have company coming tonight.

Offline Billy Mike

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2017, 01:19:08 AM »
I have come up with a way to prevent drilling into the side of the bolt holes with a pop can. It works perfect and holds the drill straight.

Billy, I'm confused. I'm not sure what you mean. My kit came w/ all the holes drilled. ???

Mine too. It's to keep from doing any damage to the holes.

Probably not an issue for folks that know what they're doing better than i do.

Offline KLMoors

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 10:29:55 PM »
Yikes Jim!  That is a heck of a shop.  I'm looking forward to the Rev. War period gun. 

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2017, 02:47:15 AM »
Ken, you might know a thing or two about that period, eh?   :-)  You've made some lovely ones.  Best wishes,   Marc

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2017, 07:24:56 AM »
Jim and Catherine, congratulations on the outstanding job y'all have done with all of your projects. I, and everyone else I'm sure, look forward to your next ones. They represent many hours of dedication and hard work.......Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline tddeangelo

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »
I like the idea of Reading-Berks, or Bucks. Really anything will be cool to see and watch unfold. :)

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 11:27:20 PM »
I got to hold a completed Kibler rifle at the Alabama Kentucky Rifle Show this morning, it was an amazing rifle.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:27:46 PM by Eric Krewson »

Offline Chowmi

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 11:57:23 PM »
I just shot mine for the first time this morning!  Fantastic!

Only got two shots in due to the location for shooting (I'm not telling..).  First shot was about 1/2" right of dead center at about 20-25 yards.  Second slightly more right.  I'll take it to the club shoot tomorrow!

Ignition was wicked fast. 

Thanks Jim and Catherine!
Cheers,
Chowmi

NMLRA
CLA

Heavies

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2017, 11:07:30 AM »
This is awesome!  I would like to build one in Lehigh or Bucks