Author Topic: David Price Swivel breech rifle kit build-Update #11  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Firelock

David Price Swivel breech rifle kit build-Update #11
« on: March 07, 2017, 05:03:45 PM »
I’ve done some more work on the swivel breech rifle.

In this update I'll work on the other fore stock panel. I'll bring it down to the proper dimensions and I'll inlet the ramrod thimble bolt escutcheons.

Here is the video update:

If you want to check out the whole build to date, you’ll find everything in this playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHljRs6NHyZmtiT-gmk6r4b_FM1d8yrW_

As always, let me remind you that I am far from a professional gun builder. I’m not even a talented amateur, so what you are going to see is how I do things, not necessarily the best way to do them.

But that said, I hope you like it, and I always welcome advice on how to do things better in the future.

Offline Frank

Re: David Price Swivel breech rifle kit build-Update #11
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 05:06:25 PM »
Looks like a challenging kit to build. What is the price on these kits. Went to his website, but no pricing information. Thanks

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 07:27:26 PM »
Yea -- I looked for one also -- no find!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

pushboater

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »
Last I looked it was $2500. But that's been a while.

David

Offline Firelock

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 11:09:23 PM »
It was $2500 a year and a half ago when I picked up my kit.

The problem is that I think David now has orders for kits or completed swivel breech rifles for his remaining stock of barrels.

These barrels are a special taper of his own design, and he has to order them in lots of 50 barrels. David is close to 80 years old, and I don't know that he is interested in making another 50 barrel order.

Your best bet would be to call him. He is an incredibly nice guy.

Offline David Price

• The Flintlock Shop
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 03:31:58 AM »
Mike,
No need to apologize for not being a professional builder, you are doing a good job.  When you are finished that
will be your favorite rifle.  I have watched all of your videos on building the swivel breach.  It has been a little hard for me to watch at times, because you are doing a lot of things the hard way and you are going so slow.  I have found myself wanting to jump into the computer and give you some quick tips.  Keep up the good work.  I  look
forward to seeing the finished rifle. 

Pushboater.  You are correct, I have used up all the parts for my swivel rifle kits, although I did save enough for
 four rifles that I am going to finish up myself.  I really hate the thought of not having any more swivel breach rifle
kits because I have had so many inquiries.  Kingsbury Arms has offered to help me to do some more, and I just
might take him up on his offer.  If that happens I will let you all know.  He has also offered to straighten out my web site.

David Price