Author Topic: First Build - Chambers Early Lancaster Pennsylvania Rifle  (Read 45170 times)

Offline Jim Chambers

Re: First Build - Chambers Early Lancaster Pennsylvania Rifle
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2017, 05:09:23 AM »
Kingsbury,
You've turned my kit into a true work of art.  And, you've done justice to my designs.  It's truly amazing work for a first timer.  Now, it's to see some original work from you.  I'm sure it is going to be great.  Don't you just love the Lindsey tool?  That's what I used to do my engraving.
I'm so glad that guy challenged you to do your own work.  One time I wanted a car painted, got a quote from a guy who was supposed to be one of the best, hauled the car on a trailer several hundred miles to his shop only to have him double the price.  I loaded the car back on the trailer, took it home, did a little reading, bought a top quality spray gun, and put a paint job on the car that several professionals said was as good or better than they could have done.  Sometime the best teacher is someone that says "you can't do that."
Jim

Offline Kingsburyarms

• Jon Rider
  • member 2
  • Jon Rider
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »
Jim (and all) Thank you  - She is finished - I took some pictures, but will take more when the sun actually comes out  - I appreciate everyone's feedback and support - a very fun build, did my best to replicate Jim's rifle with some small twists - Working on getting a better camera and flash - maybe a good "Spring" addition to the shop - these remain slightly out of focus - I have other pictures, yet just as fuzzy - but I think these carry the essence - if you click on them, they will enlarge a little to show more detail...

Chat soon..

Jon

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:41:08 PM by Kingsburyarms »

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2017, 04:05:30 AM »
Wowzer.  First time eh?  Then God gave you a big dose of talent sir.   Thumbs up.  Beautiful work a man would be proud to own. 

BackWoods

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2017, 04:12:48 AM »
WOW. She's a beauty.......

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »
Looks pretty good, Kingsbury!  You have my respect for your jump in and go attitude!  Keep up the good work.

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

n stephenson

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
Very Impressive!!! If this is your first build I can`t wait to see your next. Thanks for showing!     Nathan