Author Topic: Tennessee Valley Manufacturing kits  (Read 3164 times)

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
Tennessee Valley Manufacturing kits
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:58:44 AM »
In my recent kit building class Mike Strong one of the students wanted a cherry stock New England Fowler in 75 caliber. I called Jack Garner at TVM and asked if he could possibly supply the parts for this and he said he could and he did. I wanted to say thanks to Jack and talk a little about the service that I received. Jack bent over backwards to get Mike's parts together. I asked for a good piece of cherry and that is what I got, I did not want a fancy piece just a good plain stock. I asked for the barrel to be inlet and it was perfectly done. I asked if he could inlet a Chamber's round face lock and that also was done and done very well. The lock was not 100% inlet but required very little work to set in place. The only thing else that was partly inlet was the Fowler's butt plate.

Jack can and will inlet just about everything if you want him to for a little extra cost which is not bad. I was very pleased with the quality of the parts and the service that I received.

Mike had never put together any parts kit before so these parts were a little intimidating to him but he did very well with a little guidance.  He did get all of his parts on except the thimbles, he installed the lock, triggers, butt plate and guard before he left for home. A job very well done.

Here are a few pictures of Mike's project. Oh and let me say that the business end of a 75 caliber smooth bore in very intimidating.

Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Turtle

Re: Tennessee Valley Manufacturing kits
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:48:10 AM »
 I have built lots of guns from their stuff. Good basic reasonable work and products. One good thing about them is that you can have any length of pull you want in a precarve stock. Their precarve stocks are quite proud with a lot of material to play with. They found me a wonderful pink color cherry  blank for my NE fowler that turned red right away after linseed application.
                                                              Turtle

Online BOB HILL

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 01:11:41 AM »
I've done business with Jack for many years. I was glad when he came out of retirement and took his business back over. He has always been a fine fellow to deal with.......Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 01:38:32 AM »
I started my building hobby with parts from Jack. That was 27 years ago. He was and is a great guy to do business with