Author Topic: Composit Rifle  (Read 6212 times)

Offline Stoner creek

Re: Composit Rifle
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 03:06:09 AM »
Range benches were buried the last time i was out there and the parking area was a sheet of ice -  looks like Its gonna be a little while. The forecast for next week is looking pretty white
Shoot out the back window. She won’t be mad for long.
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 02:04:19 PM »
Range benches were buried the last time i was out there and the parking area was a sheet of ice -  looks like Its gonna be a little while. The forecast for next week is looking pretty white
Shoot out the back window. She won’t be mad for long.
I used to shoot out the dining room window all the time when I lived in Fulton Illinois. Of course I didn't have a wife at the time so it wasn't a big deal. ;)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Telgan

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »
One of my main ambitions in life is to move somewhere where i can shoot out any window of the house with no negative consequences. Heck, my wife doesn't care - It's those pesky neighbors
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:56:13 PM by Telgan »

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2018, 12:29:14 AM »
Tom there was a 360 something acre farm auctioned off late last year a few miles from our place. Not much snow and everyone shoots out there windows around here.

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2018, 01:22:39 AM »
Tom there was a 360 something acre farm auctioned off late last year a few miles from our place. Not much snow and everyone shoots out there windows around here.
And I say, Brian, welcome to Kentucky!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
That's a nice looking rifle.  Love the finish and iron furniture, well done!

Ed
Ed Wenger

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »
Very nice.I believe there were many rifles with a mix of parts made on the frontier and corn crib gun shops. As I said Very Good

As the late Tom Dawson said,"Anything was grist for the mill if usable".

Bob Roller

Offline duca

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2018, 05:42:55 PM »
Really nice looking piece. Great job!

Anthony
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...

Offline David R. Pennington

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »
Love that gun, looks great! Just be careful if you shoot a flintlock out the window to pull the curtains way back first. My friend set his wife's kitchen curtains on fire that way once.
VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2018, 11:48:48 PM »
You have to be really happy with this rifle.  Just beautiful.  The mounts looks really, really nice, and the finishes you achieved are impressive.  Nice warm quality to the work.  I hope you do the same finish look and the other rifle you posted.  God Bless,   Marc

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2018, 11:58:09 PM »
I was very positive about your "BAER KILLER" gun but now I'll pick on you some. ;) I don't like the abbreviated buttplate finial on this one. I'd like to see the finials of the trigger guard more refined as well. Now I'll quit picking and say your engraving is outstanding. As is you architecture and your finishing technique.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2018, 03:41:08 AM »
Mike since I was going with the repurposed parts story. I decided to make the butt plate with a chopped off finial like maybe it was damaged when the stock broke so it was shortened. Seen a gun somewhere that looked like it had the same treatment don't remember if it was a book or at a show.