Author Topic: Log cabin shop  (Read 3502 times)

Fiftyfour

Log cabin shop
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:51:53 AM »
Does anyone here visit the log cabin shop in Lodi Oh? Was it a good shopping experience?

Offline jaeren

Re: Log cabin shop
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 03:56:39 AM »
I thought it very worth the trip. Been there a few times. Not sure what your looking for. But a great collection of guns and equipment. Some originals for sale. A lot of parts as well as leather and other goods. I've bought powder there and saw lead there as well. Really nice people.

galudwig

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:17:26 AM »
Besides guns, parts, and associated accouterments, they have a HUGE selection of books for the BP enthusiast ranging from gun building to historic novels and everything in between.  The whole upper floor of the main building is full of books of all sorts.  I spend about as much time pursuing the books as I do gun parts and such anymore. They have a huge collection of original firearms, mostly Ohio made percussion guns with several types of flint military rifles and muskets.  Really nice powder horn, flask, and powder can displays too. They even have a shooting range out back if you want to burn some powder.

I get up there about twice a year and always plan for about 4 hours of gawking. If you are anywhere close, it is well worth your time to stop by.  As jaeren said, really nice people.

Offline Goo

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 05:43:39 AM »
It's worth the trip lots of stuff and there is always the unexpected find
Opinions are expensive. Rich people rarely if ever voice their opinion.

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »
Does anyone here visit the log cabin shop in Lodi Oh? Was it a good shopping experience?

Yes.  And Yes!

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline Gaeckle

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 09:15:49 AM »
I live in the next town over, I am there a lot.....find some fantastic odds and ends, there is always neat stuff showing up: old parts, old tools. neat old guns. There is no other place like it in the world.

Offline Bill Paton

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »
The Log Cabin Shop in Lodi, Ohio is an absolutely wonderful place for us ALR folks! Galudwig summarized it well. The Kindig family (no known relationship with Joe Kindig) owns and operates it and they are very helpful and personable. I have been going there since 1950 when I was 7 years old, and living in Alaska for the last 40 years has not stopped my at least yearly visits to the shop. Don’t miss it if you get within a few hours drive of Lodi!

Bill Paton
Kentucky double rifle student
wapaton.sr@gmail.com

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
 Great People, Great Stuff, Great Place...if you haven't seen it here is a link.

Tim C.

http://www.logcabinshop.com/

PS: Trades fair in Oct.

Offline whitebear

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 04:19:34 AM »
I once found myself in Lodi Ohio went to a pay phone (pre cell phone days) called them up and got directions to the store.  Drove an 18 wheeler to them parked it in there lot and spent the remainder of the afternoon looking, I met Dan, a very nice guy, and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I will do it again if I ever have the chance.
In the beginning God...
Georgia - God's vacation spot

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 01:36:01 AM »
I sold locks and triggers to the Log Cabin Shop for several years and delivered them
whenever possible which was most of the time. I well remember the original Log Cabin
where they lived.Wes Kindig was a model of first class integrity and I think the whole
operation still is. I got busy with automobile work,high end imports and making odd
bronze bushings for obsolete transmissions and got away fro locks and triggers for a
long time.

Bob Roller

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 04:28:47 AM »
Some of the best people you'll ever meet. I used to to live pretty close by to the Log Cabin and over the years I guess I kind of took it for granted, but after being away for a while I realize how important that place and those people were to me. 

Offline TN Longhunter

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 04:47:33 AM »
Everyone has pretty much summed it up. Worth the time and give yourself plenty of time. I've been working about 40 minutes away for the past year and have made several trips there. Lots of books, both what you expect, and many, many other types. Nice museum and if you are there on a Saturday, the class room area will have lots of guys working on their rifles.
Don Spires
Tennessee Longhunters
Patron Life NRA
NMLRA
CLA

roamer

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 03:38:24 AM »
The Mecca !