Author Topic: The new girl's first 'coupling'!!  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

The new girl's first 'coupling'!!
« on: May 21, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
Got antsy and just had to try her out to find out how much if any I must bend the barrel on the new gal.  28 smoothy!

25 yds rest (s bags) 65 2 f goex .530 ball and .010 spit.  Weather calm.
She printed 3 to 3 1/2 in low and an inch left 6 shots.   So, she behaved as expected.   With a little 'training' (and file work) I'm assuming no barrel bending in her future.     She pleased me and I expect if I pleased her we should have a good future ahead of us! ;D

Offline LynnC

Re: The new girl's first 'coupling'!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »
I've been waiting for a sight-in report - Glad to here she is shooting that close ;) .........................Lynn
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......

Daryl

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »
Sounds pretty low, Roger - time to bend her UP - depending on the height of the blade.  I've always felt a smoothie should shoot to the top of the blade with level breech for the rear sight at 25 to 30 yards. Guys around here are putting in tall rtang screws with slots running down the bore.  Since it's not on the barrel and it's a regular gun part, they're getting past the rules. It sure helps sighting - for those who can't tell where the centre of the barrel is. ;D

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:03:12 AM »
Sounds pretty low, Roger - time to bend her UP - depending on the height of the blade.  I've always felt a smoothie should shoot to the top of the blade with level breech for the rear sight at 25 to 30 yards. Guys around here are putting in tall rtang screws with slots running down the bore.  Since it's not on the barrel and it's a regular gun part, they're getting past the rules. It sure helps sighting - for those who can't tell where the centre of the barrel is. ;D
No rear sight above the plane of the barrel!

Well going shootin for 3 days - Happy times all around  ;D

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
Have fun, Roger.