Author Topic: Rifle Shoppe Kudos  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Jeff64

Rifle Shoppe Kudos
« on: November 03, 2018, 03:59:32 AM »
They get bashed a lot, but I have to say that I just had a great experience.  Spoke with a very nice lady named Jane.  Told her what I wanted and within minutes she confirmed what was in stock...everything but one item.  From order to my doorstep was a week.  Thank you Jane and TRS.

Offline alex e.

Re: Rifle Shoppe Kudos
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:49:34 AM »
Now go play the lottery.
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

Offline elk killer

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »
Your INDEED lucky
only flintlocks remain interesting..

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »
If you had been in vegas that day you would be a trillionaire.
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline redheart

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »
 :o I didn't think it was possible!!!!!!!!!

Offline mark brier

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 07:01:08 PM »
Guess I have been lucky too. I called a few months back they answered and took my order for another set of Queen Ann John Harmon pistol castings. Had them delivered within one week.
Mark Brier

Online KC

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 11:34:54 PM »
I also recently had a very good experience buying some early Virginia Manufactory rifle parts. I spoke with the same very nice and helpful lady, confirmed that the parts I wanted were in stock, sent the money, and quickly got the parts. Everything was perfect. I had tried for several years to buy parts with no luck but now I know who to talk to.
K.C. Clem
K.C. Clem
Bradenton, FL

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 02:26:52 AM »
They get bashed a lot, but I have to say that I just had a great experience.  Spoke with a very nice lady named Jane.  Told her what I wanted and within minutes she confirmed what was in stock...everything but one item.  From order to my doorstep was a week.  Thank you Jane and TRS.
  What Church do you go to??
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline 45-110

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 04:11:12 AM »
i would buy from them to if they would just pick up the phone............is there a chance things have improved? my old catalog was pure eye candy!
kw

Online oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »
  Heard that they have a new building. Plus new employees. Not sure if this is true. But something has sure changed !!!  Oldtravler

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 04:44:11 PM »
I still have an OLD catalog from TRS and I waited 9 months for the parts and both our boys
to arrive. Different times of course. Jess Mellot told me he had high failure rates due to bad
handling by common carriers like USPS-UPS and FedEx that broke delicate waxes.Also he
said he had to drive very long distances to whatever foundry he was dealing with.
Trying to maintain an inventory would cost a fortune if all went well with the foundries and
some of these items are so unusual that most of us have never heard of them.
IF I were going to make odd and good looking locks I would still prefer TRS to these English
shops that pop up on our forum every so often.What little I still do I can buy from L&R and
Chambers if they have what I need. Hawken hammers from Davis and others are available
to keep that market happy.
I have a Carson/Hawken lock started on the bench now that will use the English style
3 screw bridle with the sear on an axle.This is a very rigid assembly and while not a
traditional American mechanism it will be a major upgrade on the Hawken locks now
available to builders.It is a $200 lock with only the hammer being a casting.
The one I am working on will go to Texas along with the last J&S Hawken marked lock
I had parts for.

Bob Roller

TP

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 11:50:18 PM »
jeff64, I have had the same experience as you, not just once but THREE times over the last ten years.  If they have it in stock it is out their door and on your doorstep in 7 to 10 days.