Author Topic: OK So has everyone got there Muzzle Blast but me!  (Read 6656 times)

J Shingler

OK So has everyone got there Muzzle Blast but me!
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:06:33 AM »
OK So has everyone got there Muzzle Blast but me!
I hear that the wall gun I made has made the pages of Muzzle Blast although on the back pages.
Yet I think my copy has been abducted by the mail man!   ???
Arggg.
Jeff

Offline P.Bigham

Re: OK So has everyone got there Muzzle Blast but me!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:27:48 AM »
  Jeff   I got mine. Good article about Introducing the Public into History and shooting. Did you have to expand youre shop and Vises to make that wall Gun?  :) Hey how does It shoot?
" not all who wander are lost"

Offline Dan'l 1946

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 04:28:14 AM »
I've got my copy. Your wall gun is definitely in there! It looks like it should come with a set of training wheels!

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:04:50 AM »
I got my issue yesterday.  Thanks again for letting me shoot it over at whip's place.
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
Jeff.....what's you address?    I saw the article, the gun was so ugly I tore them out of my magazine, you can have them.
You can tell it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet, ha.    See you at Dixon's........Don

J Shingler

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 04:22:20 PM »
Scott, glad you Got to try it out! That was one of my conditions on building it, i got to play with it first!  Jim is having a blast with it. It has been to Fort Tie, Raid on Martins Station, Widowmakers Frolic and several others. Never stops drawing a crowd wherever it goes.
Paul yes I pretty much beat it on everything in the shop. Banged it into the metal lathe and tool boxes more than once. I am sure glad I have guards on the overhead lights as I lost count on how many times I banged into those!! That 20 lb. 56'' barrel made for an interesting build. I have posted a couple pictures and video when it was in the white. Now that it is finished I will post a few more. 
LOL OK Don I can understand about me but I am going to tell Hamelton what you said about him and he is the one with the BIG gun now. You don't have to send me anything as I know you are saving up to afford some butt plates for those barn guns you are building.   ;D

Seriously though I still have not gotten my MB yet. I am headed to Friendship this weekend and will scrounge up a copy down there.

erdillonjr

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »
I got mine and your gunlooks great. Ed

J Shingler

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 05:38:22 AM »
OK The gun will be at Friendship for the lock video demo. However I have confirmed that I have my membership paid up through 04/2010, but still no Muzzle Blast!  Grr LOL

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »
OK The gun will be at Friendship for the lock video demo. However I have confirmed that I have my membership paid up through 04/2010, but still no Muzzle Blast!  Grr LOL

It should be fun getting a video of a lock that large.  Because of its size we might need to hand hold it - it might be too large for the fixture.  (I made the fixture to handle a Bess, but didn't worry about finding a lock bigger.) That won't be a problem though.

Besides doing video on Monday, I'll have the computer and gear for lock timing.  Depending on the space I hope to set it up on Saturday and time a lock for a shooter who can only be there then.  Barbie thought I could find space even though the rifling machines would be there.   I'll probably have it set up on Monday too, after the video is done.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline t.caster

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »
I got my mag on Monday...read your article last night. Where did you get that monster lock? Quite a challenging project!
I hate busting light bulbs with those long barrels!
Tom C.

J Shingler

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »
It got banged into the lights more than once! As for the parts, they all came from the Rifle Shop. Except the barrel. That was from the guy in GA. Bob...... I will look up his name in a little bit. 

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 03:02:56 AM »
I got my mag on Monday...read your article last night. Where did you get that monster lock? Quite a challenging project!
I hate busting light bulbs with those long barrels!

Jeff told me that the lock is almost 9 inches long.  When have you used a 1/4x20 lock retaining screw?   When I found all that out I realized it won't fit the fixture when we video tape on Monday.  We'll hand hold it instead.  Jeff's lock will be one of the "cool" ones we get to video tape.  I'm sure anxious to see it in slo-motion.

Jeff, I forgot to ask you.  I have some Goex cannon grade powder that we could use for prime after we tape it with Null B.  Some particles won't go through a 1/4" hole.  Want to do a second try with  cannon grade??

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

California Kid

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 03:36:33 AM »
Havn't got mine yet either. Want to see the results from the Western National as I won the Bill Large chunk gun match. I want to check out the article about your gun as well.

J Shingler

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 04:32:36 PM »
"Haven't got mine yet either. Want to see the results from the Western National as I won the Bill Large chunk gun match. I want to check out the article about your gun as well."

Well congratulation on a job well done! Sorry you are in the same boat as me though for the magazine. Maybe it is one of those things if you are in the mag then you don't get one to keep us humble. LOL I am going down to Friendship Sunday and Monday maybe Tues, I will hit them up for one then. I even got a e-mail from a friend in England, he has his copy!!
Jeff

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 03:45:09 PM »
I just received my issue yesterday up in the pacific northwest.  Hopefully I will look through it today.
DMR

J Shingler

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 05:26:43 AM »
Went to Friendship on Sun and Monday. Had a great time as usual. Stopped by the main office and was able to talk with the nice lady and she got me several copies of the missing issue. Guess what was waiting for me when I got home Monday night, yep you guessed it! My copy of MB! LOL  Guess it finally got it way through the snail mail system.  ::)

California Kid

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 05:51:52 AM »
Still didn't get mine yet.