Author Topic: Lock Video  (Read 3356 times)

MarkPainter

Lock Video
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »
I came across a reference today about a video entitled Assembling the Bud Siler Lock by Hershel House. I checked APV, but nothing was listed under that title. Spent some time googling it, but to no avail. Does anyone know anything about this video or where one might obtain a copy if it exists?

Thanks

david64

Re: Lock Video
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 05:32:17 PM »
Mark, I think he might cover that on one of his Kentucky Rifle building videos from APV.

Offline Benedict

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
Herschel and APV made a video on assembling the Siler lock years ago.  It was pretty good.  As I recall it includes basic assembly and forged modifications to the lock.  I MAY have a copy I could part with but since I am on the road now, it will be at least next weekend before I can check.  email me then and I will check.

Bruce

MarkPainter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll have to check my current APV videos and see if it's part of one of them.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:15:08 PM by MarkPainter »

Offline fm tim

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:16:53 PM »
the book "Gunsmithing Tips & Projects" published by Wolfe Publishing of Prescott AZ has a chapter by John Bivens "Precision Assembly of Lock Kits".

The book is worth the price because it contains a number of chapters by Bivens on inleting, finishing, bluing, restoration...

Offline Dave B

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:37:25 AM »
I can second the recommendation of the Gun smithing Tips & Projects book. John had like twelve articles reprinted in that one book.
Dave Blaisdell

MarkPainter

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
Bivins book is great. I've had a copy for several years now. And it's come in handy more than once.