Author Topic: Thompson/Center great service  (Read 2017 times)

Pennsylvania Professor

Thompson/Center great service
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:23:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd chime in with my recent service experience with T/C. I have an older used Hawken that was breaking flints after five or six shots. According to the advice I got here, and that was subsequently confirmed by a look at the TC website, I sent back the lock with a note. Didn't need to call or get an RMA number.

A little less than one week later, I just received a replacement lock in the new style and a spare frizzen (which I asked for). I tried it out with a new French flint and it seems to self-sharpen now rather than break them.

Very good service, no questions asked, and the replacement works as advertised.

;D

Candle Snuffer

Re: Thompson/Center great service
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 03:15:10 AM »
I have only owned one TC Hawken rifle (caplock) and have never had a problem with it.  I've never been keen on their stock barrels, but overall the rifle is solid and well made.  

I get it out every once in a while and shoot it, but not very often.  Maybe once every couple of years as I prefer my own rifles I made.  I'll keep it around even though it's not exactly what I would call a close resemblence of a true Hawken, but it's a very well made rifle with a traditional style to it.

I have always heard that TC offered good customer service so I'm not surprised to hear you recieved good service, Pennsylvania Proffessor. ;)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 03:15:42 AM by Candle Snuffer »