Author Topic: PA FOWLER FINISHED  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
Re: PA FOWLER FINISHED
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »
I have always liked the look of that kit.  Great job.

Cory Joe Stewart

Offline David Price

• The Flintlock Shop
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 06:07:38 PM »
Tom,

Really nice job.  Your build here proves a nicely built plane gun is also a work of art. A gun  does not need a lot of silver and  carving to be a treasure.  All your years of experience shows in this gun.  This gun will give someone  a hunting  and shooting companion for many years.

David Price

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 06:58:25 PM »
Keb:  I'm curious about your comment.  You say yours slapped your cheek.  Was it a Chambers' PA fowler or some other fowling piece.  I've built four of these and none of them slap the cheek.  In fact, they shoot like a rifle in form.  I shoot 85 gr. FFg GOEX with the .600 ball out of mine, and it is very comfortable to shoot.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

JohnN

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2020, 08:12:11 PM »
Thanks

Offline alacran

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2020, 03:28:29 PM »
Keb:  I'm curious about your comment.  You say yours slapped your cheek.  Was it a Chambers' PA fowler or some other fowling piece.  I've built four of these and none of them slap the cheek.  In fact, they shoot like a rifle in form.  I shoot 85 gr. FFg GOEX with the .600 ball out of mine, and it is very comfortable to shoot.

Taylor, depending on a persons build, the pitch of the butt angled forward like on this kit could be the reason he is being slapped on the cheek.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass