Author Topic: problem with trigger/lock  (Read 2973 times)

Offline smylee grouch

Re: problem with trigger/lock
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2020, 04:27:59 AM »
In the last picture it looks like the rear trigger still has some of what I would call "casting gate" on the top of the blade, I usually file that off so the top line of that trigger bar is straight. L&R triggers seem to have more than needed so filing some off is usually needed.

Offline borderdogs

Re: problem with trigger/lock
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2020, 02:06:17 AM »
I filed enough of both triggers, adjusted them so they worked nicely then installed them in the stock, then installed the lock. I could full cock unset and release, if I set the trigger and then full cocked it released as well. Then I full cocked and setting the rear trigger at first would full release the lock and then one in a couple tries it wouldnt full cock at all. So I pulled the lock off, checked the triggers and they still were working the way I set them prior to installing in the stock, I knew there was clearance both for the trigger set and the lock. So I examined the lock and tried putting it in half and full cock then release the sear. Doing that a few times I saw a little space appear at the bridle where the two screw hold it to the plate. Those screws were not tight and the bridle moved slightly. Removing the screws one was broken and the other was bent.

To prove this out that this might have been the problem all along, I  checked the threads in the screw holes then checked the bridle and they were in good shape. I then replaced both screws with some new ones, put the lock together, then reinstalled the lock in the stock and the triggers work perfectly. I could full cock and set the trigger and it would not release the sear.

I figure didn't fully tighten those screws when I reassembled the lock and repeatedly cocking and releasing the lock loosened those screw enough to cause them to bend in one case and break in the other.

Lesson learned! make sure the screws are tight! Thanks for all the suggestions and help!
Rob

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:25:42 AM by borderdogs »