Author Topic: Need some help!  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Metalshaper

Need some help!
« on: August 15, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »
Esteemed group!

is there anyone here, that is fairly knowledgeable of slug/bench guns?

I once saw a guy bench shooting and his primer system kind of intrigued me.  his gun was fired using small rifle or pistol primers, that were contained in a small assembled units.  basically this unit fit into the gun using an interrupted thread and was made with two or three different
pieces..  he could prime the gun without rotating the barrel or even looking it seemed ;)   he deffinately had a shooting routine! I watched him quietly from a distance and he looked like he did everything the exact same way,, every time!!  very controled and with a ton of concentration!!

I only got to talk to him briefly,, when he noticed me ( about 15 minutes in ) and asked it I wanted to take a look at the rifle.. it was his small 18lb bench gun  :D <  he hadn't brought the heavy one that day..> he was taking a "short" break,, of what only seemed like 2 minutes?? and then excused himself to get back to his task..

not wanting to bother him with,, How do those work??  questions, I slid of and let him get back into his 'practice'..

just out of mechanical curiosity,, I was wondering how that primer system was made/assembled??  anybody?? 

Respect Always
Metalshaper

Offline Metalshaper

Re: Need some help!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:15:41 PM »
Oh yeah,

since this isn't exactly ALR material.. you can send a  PM to me!

that way we don't get in anyones way!!

THANKS!!

Respect Always
Metalshaper