Author Topic: Blunderbuss barrels?  (Read 926 times)

Offline Bigmon

Blunderbuss barrels?
« on: February 08, 2022, 08:36:05 PM »
Who makes blunderbuss barrels?  Not the 20" or so short ones but more like 30" or so?  Or might anyone have one?  One should be worth around $200 to $300+ to pay?
Thanks

Offline bob in the woods

Re: Blunderbuss barrels?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 10:34:02 PM »
You are talking about a custom barrel.  There are shorter barrels available from a few suppliers.
TVM comes to mind as well as Ed Rayle .   Ed used to make them up to 4 bore size, but I'm thinking that if you want anything like what you describe, and expect to pay $200 to $300 for it,
you're dreaming ! ;D  Charles Burton might be willing to make what you want , but you'll need a fatter wallet.

Offline Bigmon

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 12:24:55 AM »
Pretty much what I was thinking as far as price, but hoping is a different matter.
Actually the story is my friend just came up with a new never used big Lott lock and was asking me what he should build with it.  I told him he should sell me the lock, but that's not going to happen.
Thanks all, but if anyone has a barrel he would be interested.  $300 +  I guess.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 01:38:27 AM »
I wouldn't bother to build a gun around a Lott lock.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?