Author Topic: How come  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
How come
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »
I got to log in every time I come here. Why is that? ???
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Birddog6

Re: How come
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 04:32:37 PM »
If you have cleared you history files or cookies or don't check the box on this site to remember your password , you will have to log on each time.  Otherwise, I have no idea.......

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »
I got to log in every time I come here. Why is that?
Mike,
I had the same problem using Mozilla Firefox browser. If that is the browser you are using and it will not remember your user name and password let me know and I can tell you how I fixed the problem.
Dennis
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 04:38:19 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »
Mike,
I had the same problem using Mozilla Firefox browser. If that is the browser you are using and it will not remember your user name and password let me know and I can tell you how I fixed the problem.
Dennis
Ok, that's my problem. How to fix?
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

J.D.

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »
Mike,
Dennis

I'm using Firefox with no problems...and I haven't done anything to make it work. Lucky, I guess.

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »
I am using Mozilla Firefox and find that if I try and go to the home page www.americanlongrifles.org I have to sign in every time, but if I go directly to the forum section, www.americanlongrifles.org/forum with the /forum on the end, I am always signed in. I have the /forum url book marked.

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com
American Mountain Men #1393

Stonefeather

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 08:04:04 PM »
Now that's funny, because I use Firefox too, and I have the www.americanlongrifles.org main page set as one of my home pages when I open Firefox. When I go to the main forum page from there, the site does see me as a "Guest", but when I go directly to the Gun Building section without logging in, the site suddenly seems to remember who I am, with a "Hey, Stonefeather, you have 0 messages" line across the top. I did have the "remember me" box checked when I originally logged in, weeks ago.

Offline Chuck Burrows

• Wild Rose Trading Company
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »
It has to do with the cookie - it recognizes the forum page and not the main page......
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:54:35 PM »
Here is what I did to fix mine:

Go to "Tools" then "options" then "security" on the security page you should see "exceptions" click there and you should see www.americanlongrifles.org or .com (depending on which one you are using). Highlight it and click on "remove" then close the window.

Then close Firefox and re-open it. This time when you login check the "always stay logged in" box on the ALR login screen.

This fixed the  problem for me, hope it works for you.
Dennis

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 03:16:45 AM »
Just for kicks, all you Firefox users......type the following (one at a time) into the address line and hit enter:

about:mozilla

about:robots

If you want to open another browser within your browser to multitask, type:

chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »
Now that's funny, because I use Firefox too, and I have the www.americanlongrifles.org main page set as one of my home pages when I open Firefox. When I go to the main forum page from there, the site does see me as a "Guest", but when I go directly to the Gun Building section without logging in, the site suddenly seems to remember who I am, with a "Hey, Stonefeather, you have 0 messages" line across the top. I did have the "remember me" box checked when I originally logged in, weeks ago.

Hey! The same thing for me! Problem solved, thanks guys! :D