Author Topic: Lock parts  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Clowdis

Lock parts
« on: October 08, 2022, 04:38:07 PM »
Seems like many years ago there were companies offering replacement and new made lock springs that weren't cast ones from lock kits. I can't find anything like that now. Does anyone know of any companies supplying forged main or sear springs of assorted sizes?

Offline RAT

Re: Lock parts
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 09:49:33 PM »
I believe Track of the Wolf once offered forged springs for the large Siler. That was a long time ago.
Bob

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 11:30:05 PM »
 Track of the wolf also sold forged springs for the old Lott lock used in many of the early trade gun replicas. I replaced a lot of springs in those locks. I think whoever was making those springs for them, went out of business.

Hungry Horse

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 07:28:04 PM »
Track of the wolf also sold forged springs for the old Lott lock used in many of the early trade gun replicas. I replaced a lot of springs in those locks. I think whoever was making those springs for them, went out of business.

Hungry Horse

I got requests almost daily to make new springs for other makers lock and my answer was and IS,"I have to avoid my own mistakes and have no time or interest in correcting those of others."Production expedients and foundries who did only production with no regard to any quality control was a major problem and using undersize relics as mould masters was a guarantee of failure.The opinion  back then was that the lock MUST be the cheapest part of the rifle no matter how finely crafted it was.
Bob Roller

Online smylee grouch

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 08:47:29 PM »
Did Dixie Gun Works sell forged springs?  :-\

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 11:56:38 PM »
I assume you are referring to these?

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline rsells

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 03:23:06 AM »
I have got some springs from Upper Missouri Trading Company to replace some that were out of production.  It has been a few years back, but you can check with them to see what they offer currently.
                                                                    Roger Sells

Offline Gaeckle

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 03:20:31 PM »
Give the Log Cabin Shop a call, they have some springs, saw them  the other day while I was there