Author Topic: Carving  (Read 3381 times)

Offline snapper

Re: Carving
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2022, 04:10:33 AM »
What I like about Jim's work is that it is very distinctive.    You can tell who did it without asking.   Crisp and clean.

Fleener

My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2022, 04:45:16 AM »
Jim is a very talented craftsman/artist. Those two things don’t always go hand in hand. I took a few classes at Bowling Green from Wallace Gusler that Jim was also a student in. I was amazed at the speed and accuracy that Jim could work at. Beautiful work Jim, I always look forward to seeing your work.
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Daryl

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2022, 08:50:55 AM »
Hi Taylor,
You know that is not true in the slightest.  Your work is always a pleasure to see in the clearest light and up close.

What I admire about Jim's body of work is he is an artist in my opinion.  He knows and can execute the traditional styles so well that he can create. recreate, and deviate to his heart and mind's content, and the results just look right.  They also attract the eye like a beacon.  I believe this is true for all of the styles of guns he has created, American and English.  I really hope Jim finds some time to spend on his one-off custom guns at some point.  I remember some of the rifles he posted on ALR in the mid 2000s.  They knocked everyone's socks off.

dave

Absolutely no arguments there, Dave.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2022, 06:49:12 PM »
   Jim's work is amazing in everything he does. He always strives to do his best....

Offline Wiley1

• Starting Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2023, 07:11:56 AM »
Looks great! I hope one day to be able to do my own stock.

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2023, 03:01:36 PM »
!@##&$*!! marvelous Jim, great to see this! Man I hope this frivolous dalliance you' re having with the gun kit industry ends soon.