Author Topic: Bob Roller info  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
Bob Roller info
« on: September 08, 2008, 10:28:35 PM »
I recently bought a Roller percussion lock (marked 1973) on e bay that has some problems.   Anyone have contact info so I can get a small part or two?
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Offline T*O*F

Re: Bob Roller info
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:35 PM »
Roger,
I will send you an email off board.

Bob doesn't have parts for most of the locks he makes.  He does "runs" of locks and his parts are all handmade during the run.

Some of his current locks incorporate tumblers from L&R or Davis.
Also, he has webtv as a provider which limits correspondence somewhat.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
Re: Bob Roller info
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:47:21 PM »
Thanks much.  In this case I have a bridle screw sheared off in the lock plate & the lock will not stay on full cock, likely due to the same.  The lock has never been mounted, & of course I couldn't tell the screw was sheared off in the auction.  Someone has engraved the hammer & I wonder if it is even original to the lock.  I have a Roller Hawken lock that is scarey slick.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.