Author Topic: New video - Carving available for purchase  (Read 3012 times)

Offline okawbow

Re: New video - Carving available for purchase
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2023, 05:59:33 PM »
I congratulate Jim and his crew on producing the finest production muzzleloaders ever made! And at a fair price, also. The option of fine looking carving adds to the already impressive looks and quality found in the Kibler line. Wish I could afford to buy all of the models and variations. Someday these will be sought after collector items and will only increase in value.

I hate to see the ridiculous negative comments that pop up on these posts. Why? I don’t see comments like these about Pedersolis and other production guns. Is it jealousy? Fear of the unknown? Criticisms are fine if constructive and legitimate, but these people just seem to be making offhand remarks that they just don’t like the idea behind Jim’s rifles.

Looking forward to more and better offerings from Jim in the future. I believe it will only be good for the muzzleloading community.
As in life; it’s the journey, not the destination. How you get there matters most.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2023, 06:38:18 PM »
Now if only I could use a computer to help me succeed as a marksman.  ;D
Galations 2:20

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2023, 07:40:19 PM »
Jim

First let me first say while I knew this was a natural progression in your kits I must say I amazed by the level of quality you've achieved.Haveing shared a bench with you I've always enjoyed seeing your work and am impressed with the diversity of your skills.I can't wait to see your next act.

As to the "dust up" over these kits which I missed out on due to being at an event at Ft Loudon in Pa I know of really no full time custom builder who are threatened by these kits. To the contrary most of us who have a multi year backlogge to our work welcome them. I sent many folks to both Jim's and Chambers websites' this weekend  to newcomers who want to the  into the blackpowder game and can;t afford or wait for a rifle from myself or one of the other custom builders.Nothing worse than telling an excited newconer he has to wait for X amount of years to get started. With out those options these folks might never get started. I also met a guy who's done 3 of Jim's kits and now is going to attempt a scratch build this winter. He might never of done that without the confidence he got from doing Jims kits.People who order a gun from me or one of the other custom builders are looking to purchase a piece of "our" work.....it's a personal thing they want not only a gun but they want something  I or the other custom builders made.I hunt with a Bill Shipman gun,I wanted it because Bill made it and we are friends.I don't think that dynamic will ever change .

As to the charge that Jim is in this for the money (while we all need money to live) having spent some time with Jim I can assure you that he's in this for the challenge and to push his talents to the next level..........I look forward to seeing where he goes next!!!!!!

Mitch

Offline Hunterdude

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2023, 09:56:05 PM »
Jim

First let me first say while I knew this was a natural progression in your kits I must say I amazed by the level of quality you've achieved.Haveing shared a bench with you I've always enjoyed seeing your work and am impressed with the diversity of your skills.I can't wait to see your next act.

As to the "dust up" over these kits which I missed out on due to being at an event at Ft Loudon in Pa I know of really no full time custom builder who are threatened by these kits. To the contrary most of us who have a multi year backlogge to our work welcome them. I sent many folks to both Jim's and Chambers websites' this weekend  to newcomers who want to the  into the blackpowder game and can;t afford or wait for a rifle from myself or one of the other custom builders.Nothing worse than telling an excited newconer he has to wait for X amount of years to get started. With out those options these folks might never get started. I also met a guy who's done 3 of Jim's kits and now is going to attempt a scratch build this winter. He might never of done that without the confidence he got from doing Jims kits.People who order a gun from me or one of the other custom builders are looking to purchase a piece of "our" work.....it's a personal thing they want not only a gun but they want something  I or the other custom builders made.I hunt with a Bill Shipman gun,I wanted it because Bill made it and we are friends.I don't think that dynamic will ever change .

As to the charge that Jim is in this for the money (while we all need money to live) having spent some time with Jim I can assure you that he's in this for the challenge and to push his talents to the next level..........I look forward to seeing where he goes next!!!!!!

Mitch
Thanks for this post, it tells my own personal feelings about Jim and his premium products perfectly!

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2023, 10:43:05 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the support.  There have been some really great posts and I couldn’t have said things better myself.  I think change and new things are sometimes hard, but time normalizes things.

I really do believe there is a place for everyone who wants to be part of all this.  I agree with you Mitch, the professional, well respected longrifle builders have been very supportive.  For that matter, most others have as well.   

So, thanks to those who have had my back😉. Sure do appreciate it.  Also, I’ll be finishing one of these carved guns this week.  I’ll share some pictures when it’s done.

Jim