Author Topic: Bucks County progress so far  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Tom Currie

Bucks County progress so far
« on: August 17, 2008, 08:49:21 PM »
I'm not real far just yet but she is finally starting to take form. Making a trigger for it now then will button up the trigger guard and really start giving her some curves.

Offline Tom Currie

Re: Bucks County progress so far
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:54:44 PM »
 :o @!*%, I was going for long and skinny on this rifle but not to his extreme. The 2nd and 3rd pics got way distorted uploading from photobucket. Any body know what I did wrong ?  ???

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »
Trying again

Didn't work again

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:18:34 PM by Tom Currie »

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:38:50 PM »
 I LIKE that rear thimble, Nice job! How about a pic of the top of the comb showing the butt plate.

Thanks, Tim C. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 01:11:00 AM by Tim Crosby »

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:10:35 AM »
Just a sugestion. I would wait to put the entry pipe on till after you shape down the forearm area. You will end up with a club forend the way your heading now.
This particular type of rifle is very slender through the forearm so the radius you currnetly have on that rod pipe is too wide. It will be much easier to inlet with the forearm defined better. I never like working in the "square" for setting in my rod pipes I will only set them in once the forearm is completely shaped out. I cant afford to loose any more hair and I would always be pulling it out if I tried to set in that pipe like you doing. Just a thought. This was one of my favorite projects for a customer that loves Choy.  The pattern was based on Andrew Verners work but I managed to punch through the bottom of the forend with the ramrod drill so the area that Verner had pirced in the plate was left solid.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 12:31:09 AM by Dave B »
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »
Someone fixed my photos. THANKS

Tim, I'm using Reaves Goerhing's copy of RCA 64 Shuler buttplate. It isn't finished real close yet but I'll send a more pics when it looks better.

Dave B , Thanks for the direction, that's what I posted for. Looking back I know I probably jumped the gun on inletting the entry pipe but was maybe too anxious to see how it looked. Current radius is 1 3/8 ( barrel is very close to 1" there ) so I've tried to plan this out well but am sure I will need to tighten up the radius a bit as I go.  I think the angle on that last picture makes it look really wider than it is.
This entry pipe finial is based ( but not copied ) on the AP rifle. As you already know, the Verner rifle has nearly the same design at the end of it's more complex entry pipe finial.

Offline b bogart

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 04:18:43 AM »
Tom you are at the begining of a nice rifle. I really like the entry pipe too. You already know I'm partial to a Bucks Co. rfle.
Bruce

PINYONE

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 08:21:37 PM »
Daves rifle looks better than Verner himself! What a nice job!