Author Topic: Anyone Seen this Gun  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
Anyone Seen this Gun
« on: December 27, 2009, 04:00:02 AM »
I am looking for a rifle that was sold in West Virginia about 1995 or 1997 or somewhere there abouts.  It is a Virginia Style rifle or maybe more of a Lancaster with Iron Furniture, Cherry Stock. It has a sliding wooden patchbox. The barrel and lock were both browned. It has an ivory oval inlaid into the cheekpiece, with some scrimshaw.  It was made by a man named Paul Young, I do not know how or where he signed his work.  I would love to track it down.  If anyone has seen or heard of it that would be a great help.  Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to track it down, that would be great to.  I thank you all in advance.

Coryjoe

Offline Don Getz

Re: Anyone Seen this Gun
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 05:33:48 AM »
Coryjoe......I have a fanastic map horn done by Paul Young.   Paul used to pal around with Dan Winkler, the knife maker,
who I believe lived in Boone, N.C..  I think Dan is still in the knife business, and if you could find him he might be able to
get you in touch with Paul.    I don't think Paul is doing any horns or guns anymore, have not seen him in a long time.....
Don

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
Re: Anyone Seen this Gun
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 05:53:19 AM »
Thats  the right Paul Young.  He is not making rifles anymore, Daniel is still at the Knives.  They don't know where the rifle is I have checked amongour circle. 

I would LOVE to see an image of that horn though.

Coryjoe