Author Topic: Buchele  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Dan Herda

Buchele
« on: December 30, 2009, 04:41:35 AM »
Did Buchele ever build and sell flint locks to other custom builders to put on there guns? If so what time era or span would this have been from?

Thank you for any help

Offline Dave B

Re: Buchele
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:59:45 AM »
I saw a post that talked about how someone started importing one of his locks out of Italy. I have seen them for sale twice now on E-bay. I don't know if he arranged to have them made over there or someone got permission to copy them. I don't know the time frame.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »
Wiliam Buchele died in  1977 so anything he did obviously predates that. A cheap Italian copy of one of his locks was sold by Dixie GunWorks shortly thereafter. This lock in no way reflects his work. Whether he may have made a handmade  lock for some other maker, I have no way of knowing. I doubt it. You probably have an import with Buchele stamped on it,

Offline Dan Herda

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »
Thank you for the bit of imfo.I dont have the gun but I saw it and it came off of a prize blanket.It had a Pedersoli barrel but the rest of the gun looked semi-custom.Buchele looked to be engraved into it,but I'll have to try and get a better look.I only saw it briefly at our club Christmas party.