Author Topic: BAMA in CLA...Wow!  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Carl Young

BAMA in CLA...Wow!
« on: May 30, 2024, 05:28:30 AM »
If you haven't noticed, Bama has a new rifle & accoutrements on page 22-23 of the 2024 CLA journal, the photo herewith is only a part of Jim's work displayed. I'm lucky in being close enough to Jim to visit, but this was a surprise to me, a very attractive, precisely made set. Seems Jim always has wonderful projects in progress. I'm sure someone has a better copy of the display? Allen Martin and Jim Kibbler are in the 2024 edition as well as others.

A final surprise was the bronze by Earl Lanning on the back cover. Beautiful work Earl, very alive! (I know Earl doesn't post here, but maybe someone on a creek in KY will pass along my admiration  ;).

Best regards,
Carl

Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline Bob Roller

Re: BAMA in CLA...Wow!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 10:23:23 PM »
Several weeks back I got a notice of a CLA auction.THAT is the first thing I have received from that  organization.
Wasn't there a magazine from them in the past.Paying q $60 admission to a show and little or nothing heard from
them between shows is odd.Wasn't there a magazine published on an off and on basis?I did buy a book that had me
mentioned as a supplier of usable locks way back when.That IS a fine rifle and Tomahawk and should be on a magazine cover.
Bob Roller
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 10:26:29 PM by Bob Roller »

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024, 10:32:52 PM »
If you haven't noticed, Bama has a new rifle & accoutrements on page 22-23 of the 2024 CLA journal, the photo herewith is only a part of Jim's work displayed. I'm lucky in being close enough to Jim to visit, but this was a surprise to me, a very attractive, precisely made set. Seems Jim always has wonderful projects in progress. I'm sure someone has a better copy of the display? Allen Martin and Jim Kibbler are in the 2024 edition as well as others.

A final surprise was the bronze by Earl Lanning on the back cover. Beautiful work Earl, very alive! (I know Earl doesn't post here, but maybe someone on a creek in KY will pass along my admiration  ;).

Best regards,
Carl

I’ll pass the good words along. You know Earl sells that particular bronze! It would look great in your lake house! I’m proud owner of one!!
W
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Bob Gerard

• Powder Horns and Such
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 10:59:00 PM »
Hi Carl- forgive my ignorance  but what’s a Bama?
Also ,I am a member of the CLA and am wondering what journal you are mentioning?
Thanks!

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2024, 11:19:51 PM »
Bob, "Bama" (ALR name) is Jim Parker of Calvary Longrifles...The CLA journal AKA "American Tradition" was in my mail last week.

Regards,
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2024, 11:33:07 PM »
Great looking work!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Bob Gerard

• Powder Horns and Such
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2024, 04:45:03 AM »
Thanks Carl- and oops the Journal did arrive but got buried under stuff. 🫣

Offline Jdbeck

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2024, 02:23:39 AM »
Beautiful work Jim!

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2024, 02:08:19 PM »
I got Muzzle Blasts yesterday and something from CLA a while back and it was about an auction (I think).

Bob Roller