Author Topic: Lifetime Production Leaders  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Lifetime Production Leaders
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2024, 01:43:57 AM »
Hershel told me he thought he had made  about 275 rifles , that was in 2021. He said he mostly rifled the barrels until his shop burned .
I have probably seen more than 500. Never saw one that didn't have a commercial barrel on it.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2024, 01:45:20 AM »
Does anybody know how many Hershal House made during his production yrs. I dont remember ever reading it anywhere
Refer to my post near the beginning of the thread.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Eddie Southgate

• Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 .
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2024, 01:54:22 AM »
On other sites and prior threads, I can recall some listed gun production numbers that were quite impressive from some vintage gun builders.  I seem to remember (maybe R Southgate, C Kemper, and probably others) with some big lifetime numbers, but don’t remember what they were.  Who were/are some of the leaders and numbers for lifetime gun building production that you have heard of?

Uncle Royland serial numbered 1007 guns but he probably built at least another 100 or so that are not listed among those guns . I own a few. Not sure who ownes the book that contains those numbers but I think it is Charlie Haffner Jr as he at one time had most everything from the shop.
Grumpy Old Man With A gun ,,,,, Do Not Touch !