Author Topic: Single set trigger, CNC proposal  (Read 837 times)

Offline Ron Scott

Single set trigger, CNC proposal
« on: July 29, 2024, 05:10:24 PM »
I own a very nice Jaeger rifle made in the Felix Meier workshop (Vienna 1720s) that features an extremely nice Single set trigger. The trigger will fire set or unset with extreme precision. Dennis Daigger suggested it might be an item of interest for builders wanting an ultra high quality set trigger. I am entering into a discussion with Morris (Alaska Arms LLC) about producing a batch of triggers using CNC technology. Morris produced double set triggers for me and my students fours years ago. I recall from initial discussion of the DST to delivery of finished triggers (50) was about five months. His is a one man shop with all machinery in-house. I do not have a price estimate yet but can predict it will be more than $200.00. As I enter into discussion it would be helpful to know how much interest there might be in such an item. I have added a photo of the trigger in the rifle for an idea of the scale. I cn environ using this trigger on a variety of projects. The finial could be moved or modified for other styles of Muzzle Loaders.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 05:17:26 PM by Ron Scott »

Offline HSmithTX

Re: Single set trigger, CNC proposal
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 06:08:17 PM »
Ron, I am in for 2.  Let me know when and where to send the check.

Offline Scota4570

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 07:08:20 PM »
I would want to see the front extended to allow for the tang screw to secure it.  Also extend the rear as s simple square extension.

If it works as advertised I's like one too.

I have been disappointed by single set triggers thus far.  Having a unit that works both set and unset is a big deal to me.  I also need it to allow the hammer to be manipulated without setting the trigger.  The units I have must be set first to cock the hammer.  They also have micro light set triggers with lots of travel.  I do not see the point.  Less travel and a pull sufficient to feel the trigger is necessary for me. 

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2024, 09:10:26 PM »
I will have this rifle at the CLA show. Come by and check it out at my booth.

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2024, 04:37:14 AM »
Ron…, I would definitely be interested, great looking trigger!    Best,

Ed
Ed Wenger

Offline Bob Gerard

• Powder Horns and Such
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2024, 02:10:35 PM »
That is an extraordinary looking rifle! The trigger must be beautifully crafted for that gun. I’m betting a modern made set would be quite popular. Best of success with this project👍🏻

Offline dieselmech570

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2024, 01:31:18 AM »
I would be interested in one with the same concerns/requests as Scota4570

Offline Dave B

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2024, 06:00:06 AM »
Ron, you can put me down for a set.... the possiblities are endless. I like the finial but do think a longer front portion is a good Idea.
Dave Blaisdell

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2024, 03:49:58 PM »
I see my comments on the single set trigger are gone.Is there a reason for this? I made a version the Germans called Der Kammerstecher with sliding parts. The French triggers like seen on the Napoleon pistols are a different idea and many were made by watch makers inthe French speaking section of Switzerland.The "history'lessons on the Waffen SS,Hitler and firing squads could have been left out.

Bob Roller
« Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 05:09:11 PM by Bob Roller »