Author Topic: Need some advise, shipping barrels from US to Canada  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Hudnut

Re: Need some advise, shipping barrels from US to Canada
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2024, 02:30:48 PM »
What is the definition of jacked up ???

Got in trouble with the powers that be.

Offline Hudnut

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2024, 02:34:11 PM »
So, that means if you have an antique pistol barrel you could use all new parts except the barrel and it would be an antique?

That what was I was told, but reading through this thread, who knows?

That is the problem.  Who knows?  The current government has a hate on for firearms and firearm owners.
There is no clear legal definition. 

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2024, 05:30:52 PM »
IF I were going to send a gun barrel thru the mail to a hostile to guns country I'd label it a steel tube,UPS picked up barrels at Bill Large's shop and they went to Germany with no problem.I have sent locks to Canada and labeled them as locks but no mention of any kind of a gun and they got to the customer.Germany was never a problem and I used German on the customs papers.One geezer in our post office said "I can't read any of that" and I told him the man in Mayen had no trouble at all with it.
Bob Roller

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2024, 09:03:35 PM »
OP, A lot of the information in your documents has to do with registration of firearms which is no longer valid.  Only handguns require registration in Canada now.
I have been buying muzzleloading barrels from the USA since 1971, and have always referred to them as "machined steel tubing".  I have never had an issue with Canada Customs or Canadian Border Services, and have received my orders in due course.  I always have them shipped by USPS and Canada Post.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Hudnut

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2024, 01:16:26 AM »
Definitely USPS to Canada Post.  No brokerage fees.  Taxes and the tax collection fee can be paid online when the parcel clears.  Delivery right to your door.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2024, 05:22:48 AM »
If you allow the company to use UPS you can expect to pay up to 30% of the declared value as "brokerage fees". 
Don't do this. USPC gets changed to Canada Post at the border and a customs fee of $5.00 to $10.00 is charged.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Jakob

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2024, 06:38:31 AM »
Or, if you happen to live close enough to a customs office, you can self clear a UPS package and make them mighty mad :D.