Author Topic: CVA “Siber” Competition Pistol  (Read 450 times)

Offline Timberdog

CVA “Siber” Competition Pistol
« on: September 05, 2024, 01:19:55 AM »
I never heard of these before, picked one up from an older competition shooter who got paid by CVA to shoot it at NMLRA Nationals in the 80’s.  There isn’t much information on a Google search about this pistol (other than quality piece copying a Swiss target pistol). It looks identical to a LePage pistol except pistol butt a little different. But it has same rear/front sight.

Anyone have one and that shoots one? .45 caliber (although I think it is .44 caliber as a .445 ball just sits on the crown). Seems to be a fast barrel twist. Tried it out today with .433 balls and 10/1000 patch. A .015 patch is stiff/tight to load. At 25 and 30 grains of FFF it was doing 5” groups at 27 yards (couldn’t be me 😜).

Just curious if any intelligence and ball/powder/patch loads on this rare CVA pistol out there.

Thanks in advance.

Online Gtrubicon

Re: CVA “Siber” Competition Pistol
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 06:04:23 AM »
I’ve read about those pistols several times but haven’t seen a picture till now. What a neat pistol. Could you post more pictures of it?

Offline Timberdog

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2024, 12:10:41 AM »
Sorry, I forgot but just remembered.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 01:25:15 AM »
Good looking pistol and it shows CVA can build to any price level needed.Is it Spanish or Italian or????
I see it has a single set trigger.Just for hoots and giggles,try 20 grains of 3fg with you patch and ball combo
and see what it does.Fast twists are common to pistols and Bill Large would rifle a 48x13/16 barrels with a 1 in 18 twist and I cut them into 15/16 long and breech them and finished the muzzles with a lathe and crowned them.
Bob Roller

Offline Timberdog

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2024, 03:07:49 AM »
It’s a single “set” trigger. Trigger is actually nice.  No markings on barrel. You wouldn’t know if it was a CVA or something else. I would not have known it if he was not the owner. He got one of the first ones. He shot a 98 at 25 yards…he doesn’t remember load, ball diameter or anything… And at 88 years old, that’s understandable.

I agree I’m gonna try lower powder charge. It’s strange they made something that not many of us know about. I’m 58. I just found out.

Online Gtrubicon

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 03:21:41 AM »
That is a very nice pistol, thanks for posting the photos. I am a fan of CVA rifles and pistols. I think they get a bad wrap all to often.