Author Topic: Questions on original ML rifle  (Read 241 times)

Offline yellowhousejake

Questions on original ML rifle
« on: September 06, 2024, 03:38:21 AM »
Hopefully this is the right place to ask. I am building a copy of a known CW sharpshooter's rifle and I have two construction questions.

1st. The rifle has a 1.5" ATF barrel attached to the stock with a fitted bolster using a taper pin. What does that look like inside? I can find no drawings or photos of what the rear end of the breech bolster looks like or what the cut in the tang mount looks like. I am assuming, dangerous, that it is very much like a hooked breech with the taper pin through the hook. I have made hooked breeches in the past from scratch, so it's doable.

2nd. There are hundreds of photos of how the rear of scope or tube sight is attached, but nothing showing the mechanics of it. I can see that there is a wheel turning a threaded rod through the rear of the tang for elevation. I do not know how the top of the elevation (thumb wheel?) is attached to the rear scope mount. I believe the upper disk rides in the thumb wheel and is held in place with a close tolerance screw. But, I am guessing.

If anyone has photos or drawings of how these two parts mate, it would be a great help.

Thank you.

DAve