Author Topic: KRF Raffle Gun  (Read 947 times)

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
KRF Raffle Gun
« on: August 22, 2024, 07:03:39 PM »
Good morning everyone.

Up for your viewing this morning is a Kibler Fowler. I just completed this Fowler for the Kentucky Rifle Foundation. The Foundation has been discussing different ways to get the Kentucky Rifle and it's history to more of the general public hoping to spark more interest and possibly new memberships in hopes that it will in turn help preserve our beloved Kentucky Rifle.

As part of a committee that was appointed by the board, I have proposed that we attend some of the bigger shows that draw thousands of people and promote the KRA and the KRF. To attend these shows is expensive and several of the board members have expressed concerns that the cost might not outweigh the benefit. I fully understand and appreciate these concerns. I have worked with the NRA and got them to donate a 10'x10' booth space at the Atlanta show next year which will save us a good bit on the expenses.

The cost of the Display and travel expenses is what I am working on now. I contacted Jim about getting one of his kits to use as a fund raiser to help offset some of this cost. Jim graciously provided one of his new Fowler kits to help the KRF in this effort. This is what I am presenting here. The KRF will be selling raffle tickets on this Fowler to raise funds to help pay for the display and help cover the travel cost. This rifle will be given away at the end of the NRA show, chances will be $20 each and are available from me as of this posting.

I would like to mention a little about what a fabulous product Jim is producing. Many of you have already experienced the pleasure of building one of Kibler's longrifle kits and are aware of their quality. Let me say Jim has outdone himself with this Fowler. It's hard to explain how well this kit is done but I will try. Many of the tedious task have been done, the butt plate and trigger guard are already installed, the front sight is soldered on, the ram rod pipes are pre inlet, the lock dropped into its mortice and fit like a glove. This a kit that can be built by anyone, even those with limited skills and tools. When completed you will have a truly historic copy and a great firearm that handles like a dream. Great job Jim and crew.

Contact me by email to enter the raffle: Jim Parker at calvarylongrifles@gmail.com

I hope that everyone will see this as a worthy effort to further our cause and to inform as many people as we can about the Kentucky Rifle and it's history.

Jim Parker

PS: any donations will be accepted, money or raffle items.

Moderators please move this post if needed and if possible make a sticky of it so it can be found in the events column. Thanks

Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Justin Urbantas

Re: KRF Raffle Gun
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2024, 11:11:39 PM »
Will you guys ship the fowler to the winner? Would it get shipped to Canada?

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 11:13:05 PM »
Thank you Jim for the time, effort and dedication you have given our sport and our clubs. I probably know as much as anyone how much time and effort goes into your club work. I know we will be adding at least one new southern KRA member in the coming year after talking to Ed yesterday. I have handled guns that I only dreamed of, and spoken at length to men I never thought would have a reason to talk to me. All because you got me involved in the KRA. Everyone has treated me like a friend and brother. I can't thank you enough. Bob would be proud of you!

Respectfully,
Carl      KRA/CLA/NRA-L

Dr. Carlton Young
retired Professor of Healthcare Management (PhD)
retired Professor of Healthcare LAW & Ethics (JD)
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2024, 11:18:14 PM »
Justin, we will ship to the winner. I have never shipped out of the country so I am not sure of what the process would be but I feel that could be worked out.
Jim Parker

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2024, 11:28:16 PM »

Thanks Carl, just trying to do my part.
Jim Parker

Online Stoner creek

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2024, 11:50:34 PM »
There are a lot of folks out there doing really good things to promote this thing we do. It says a lot about our culture. Fine job Jim.
W
Stop Marxism in America

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2024, 01:10:49 AM »
Outstanding, Jim. Somebody will be awful proud of it
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline Levi Garrett

• Starting Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2024, 03:50:16 AM »
Hats off to both Jims on their contributions to this project. Boy oh boy who wouldn’t like to own that gun?

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2024, 11:04:26 PM »
Thanks Jim.  You've done a beautiful job on this gun for sure.  You're engraving looks just right. 

Jim

Offline Jdbeck

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2024, 04:50:17 AM »
Jim I love the motivation to reach new members. I do believe being present at larger shows like “Shot Show” could be advantageous.

Something I spoke to some members of the KRF is doing more outreach with youth. Something I did this year was set up a table at the Pennsylvania Order of the Arrow annual conclave of Boyscouts. I did a live demonstration on carving, a table of traditional hand tools, and a few originals on display. I also burned a bunch of powder letting the scouts shoot one of my rifles.

Gun shows have older people… something the left does is target the Youth because they are the future. If we want to preserve the legacy we need to partner with organizations like the Boy Scouts and put on flintlock firing and displaying originals.

Unless we get another Fess Parker or Robert Redford like movie to inspire another generation…

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2024, 02:30:07 AM »
JD that is an excellent idea. I hope that as the direction that the KRF Board is taking now that we will be present at many more venues, scout and youth events would be a great place to look at.

Thanks, Jim
Jim Parker