Author Topic: Sgt. York Shoot  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Michigan Flinter

Sgt. York Shoot
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »
Dose anyone have info on the York Shoot?  How much to shoot,where to send money , ect, ect. Thanks for the replys.   Eric d. Lau   Riverdale Mi.

Offline smokinbuck

Re: Sgt. York Shoot
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:34:35 AM »
Eric,
The York will be held the last weekend in March. You should contact Ron Borron for information re registration and any particulars. He can be reached at: ronborron@comcast.net
Mark
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:35:06 AM by smokinbuck »
Mark

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:13:25 AM »
Thanks smokenbuck Do you go to the shoot? Would like to meet you if you do. Eric D. Lau

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:25:52 AM »
Eric,
I do go, haven't done real well but have had a heck of a good time trying. Haven't made the last 2 due to physical problems but am planning to get down this year. Would look forward to meeting you also. Ask Any of the folks at the registration and scoring desk where Mark, or Papa, is.
Mark
Mark

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:02 AM »
Eric,
And anyone else interested. The York pre registration forms came out today. If you need one get in touch with Ron Borron at ronborron@comcast.net. The shoot is on March 27.
Mark
Mark

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:42 AM »
Thanks Smokinbuck the check is in the mail!!  Everyone should make at least one of these.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:33:49 AM »
Eric,
Hope to see you there.
Mark
Mark

ERH

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:35:28 AM »
cant get here soon enough. It my favorite shoot of the year just wish it was more then 10 shots!! 700 miles is a long way to drive for 10 shot and not even 10 good shots. see ya there

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 05:41:34 AM »
Just received a phone call today about Allen Coon, said he had both knees replaced.   To those of you that don't know
Allen, he is one of the old stalwarts of the chunk gun game.   They have several chunk gun matches on his farm every
year, starting with the famous "Hog Shoot", held annually about two weeks before the York shoot.  A regular at Friendship and a super friend, I wish him well...........Don

ERH

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »
 Don, do u know if he is having his shoot in march

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
Just received a phone call today about Allen Coon, said he had both knees replaced.   To those of you that don't know
Allen, he is one of the old stalwarts of the chunk gun game.   They have several chunk gun matches on his farm every
year, starting with the famous "Hog Shoot", held annually about two weeks before the York shoot.  A regular at Friendship and a super friend, I wish him well...........Don
Yes ol Allen was at Getz's Penna chunk shoot at least once.  A nice and friendly guy.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:47:42 PM by Roger Fisher »

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
Eric.....I think the shoot wll go on as planned.   Allen doesn't really run it himself,  has a lot of great helpers.   I might go
out, just to visit and see how the old coot is doing...........Don

ERH

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 02:32:09 PM »
thanks don was thinking of going but really close to Alvin york have to see how works going