General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Southern Boy from Alabama wanting to hunt in Alberta

(1/3) > >>

bama:
I am hoping that some of the Canadian builders can help me out on this. Or anyone that has had experiance with this.

I am thinking of booking a deer hunt for Nov. 2009 and want to use my flintlock. I know the Airlines will not let me take my BP with me so I was wondering on the availability of BP in Alberta? Is this something the guide service could provide?

Leatherbelly:
 I'm quite sure if you book with Alberta Native Guides, Ken Steinhaur will supply you with B/P. Google him,he has a web site.

Try this site, www.albertanativeguides.com

Scott Bumpus:
does black powder burn slower up there in da cold?? ::) ::)

Daryl:
Oh yeah - powder up here burns so cold you have to warm the barrel first by rubbing it with heavy sheeps wool or the charge barely gets out the muzzle.  That is, if you can get the lock to strike a spark - hammer fall slows with all the ice and frost that forms in the internals of the lock. As well, flints generally shatter instantly on hitting the frizzen, releasing only a couple sparks at best - hope they land in the pan - not to mention trying to keep a springs from breaking from the cold. Frizzens breakin half, - etc, etc. ::)

ottawa:
so cold you have to put what you say behinde the stove to thaw  out so ya can hear what cha said ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version