General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Trousers or breech clouts?

<< < (2/2)

Scott Bumpus:
On canoe trips we used to call it the WBI's!!!  wet but itch! :-[ :'(

Jerry V Lape:
About the first thing I had to teach the first timers to Vietnam was to throw away their underwear.   Otherwise they were in total misery for a few weeks until they figured out  their crotch and armpits were an infected  mess because the cotton underwear kept those areas wet 24 hours a day breeding all sorts of rot.  Belts could  also cause problems too.   I was one of the first to go there and had to figure it out the hard way.   Sort of a tropical form of trench foot I suppose. 

BuffaloGun:
Amen Jerry, it's been 36 years and my feet still ain't right. :(

Trkdriver99:
 ;D @!*% its been 40 years since I was there and you had to bring up jungle rot. That stuff would get you down. ;D
Ronnie

Dphariss:

--- Quote from: Jerry V Lape on September 08, 2008, 09:01:52 AM ---About the first thing I had to teach the first timers to Vietnam was to throw away their underwear.   Otherwise they were in total misery for a few weeks until they figured out  their crotch and armpits were an infected  mess because the cotton underwear kept those areas wet 24 hours a day breeding all sorts of rot.  Belts could  also cause problems too.   I was one of the first to go there and had to figure it out the hard way.   Sort of a tropical form of trench foot I suppose. 

--- End quote ---

I figured the underwear thing the first time I went on patrol. The green boxers wadded up, cut them off with my knife during a break.

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version