Author Topic: Interesting gun on Gunbroker  (Read 11562 times)

jwh1947

Re: Interesting gun on Gunbroker
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 09:01:21 PM »
Whitedog...that winner would have so many new friends, so fast, that it would make one's head swim.  Some of the collector's clubs would likely bestow "membership on sight" to this guy with new deep pockets!  All these new friends will have a big heart and at least one "duplicate" to unload.  

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:07:37 PM by jwh1947 »

msmith

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 01:35:15 AM »
The powerball thing got me to thinkin.....Is it me , or does this quirk effect other collectors...I seem to want to collect guns that are at the very extreme of what I really can afford....The guns that I should be collecting, because I may be more able to afford, I seem not to want.....It may be the ones I want are really more valuable . ..This being said, I think working your tail off, scrimping ,starving and maneuvering adds to the joy of acquiring  the piece..The anticipation is worth something...If you don't understand what I am saying,don't feel bad my wife does not either.

jwh1947

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »
Yes, but take her to a shoe store and watch her beam with excitement.  One person's garbage dump is another's gold mine.  Can you imagine the price tags if we all admired old guns?

Something to think about.  I'll bet you appreciate your "modest" gun...the one you put put out hard earned cash for...more than the rich boy admires his new high-end piece.  For him, it is just one more physical object in a life surrounded by big-ticket toys and crass materialism.  Again, relative.

PhilaPa

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 04:27:58 AM »
i