Author Topic: E.Kettenburg Northhampton Co. Buck & Ball T/Guard ?  (Read 3826 times)

Birddog6

E.Kettenburg Northhampton Co. Buck & Ball T/Guard ?
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:10:12 PM »
Anyone know what guard he used on that rifle. Can't see it real good & am not getting a response via email.   Am building a Lehigh smoothie & an trying to decide on a guard for it.

Also would like to know what one  Allen Martin  used on has 3 rifles on the Lehigh page.  His contact part on his site is not working.

Just trying to come up with something for this rifle, can't seem to make up my mind of what is fitting.......

Thanks

Keith

billd

Re: E.Kettenburg Northhampton Co. Buck & Ball T/Guard ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:29:39 PM »
Don't know if this will help.  I compared Dave Keck's TG to a Stoephl Long on Saturday and it was almost exact.

Bill
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:42:02 PM by billd »

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »
Allen Martin has cast his own guards.  He had some extras for sale a while back.  They are robust sand castings, really cool, but you'll need to take some bark off.
Andover, Vermont

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
Has anyone talked to EK lately.  I've been trying since Thanksgiving.  Email, this site, his site.  I hope everything is OK!!
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »
I received an e-mail from him a few weeks back. He still lives, but that's about all I know. T
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »
I received an e-mail from him a few weeks back. He still lives, but that's about all I know. T
He may have switched from those good German beers to Amethyst. I always loose my grasp on time/space reality when I do that. ;)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Stophel

• Chris Immel
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »
I don't know which gun you're talking about, but I can imagine that he made the guard himself.
When a reenactor says "They didn't write everything down"   what that really means is: "I'm too lazy to look for documentation."

Birddog6

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »
Allen Martin has cast his own guards.  He had some extras for sale a while back.  They are robust sand castings, really cool, but you'll need to take some bark off.

I  got in touch with Allen & he is going to mail me a t/guard & buttplate tomorrow.

Thanks

Keith Lisle