Author Topic: If you like Bucks County rifles  (Read 17704 times)

jwh1947

Re: If you like Bucks County rifles
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 07:15:51 AM »
Classy!  For those seeking a solid representative of the Bucks style, you'd be hard pressed to find a better contemporary example.

Leatherbelly

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 08:35:08 PM »
How could any shooter not like the Bucks rifles.Great lines, great architecture! Mike really captured it with this rifle! Beautiful work, Mike. I wish it were mine.

Offline Mike Gahagan

• Mike Gahagan-Gunmaker
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
Thanks again guys for all of the great,but undeserved comments.It`s feels good to get praise like this from your peers,but it is after all just an old gun...Mike

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »
Well Mike if it isn't really important or if it embarrasses you roo much I would be happy to send you my address so that you can get it off your mind??  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:15:29 PM by DrTimBoone »
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 03:47:32 AM »
Mike brought the rifle over this afternoon for us to take to Dixon's.  The rifle is even better in person than it is in photos.  Stop by our table at Dixon's and see a masterful piece of work.  And, if you bring along enough cash it just might follow you home.

Offline Curt Larsen

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:16 PM »
I had the pleasure of meeting Mike in person this past week.  Mike showed me his shop and the build he was currently working on.  Later I met L.C. Rice.  L.C. showed me a rifle that Mike had built for him.  Mike's work is equisite and is what many of the rest of us should strive for. This Bucks County is just one more piece of his outstanding work.   Mike is a great unassuming guy.  We could all do well to learn from him.  Mike, if you read this thank you so much for taking time with me and answering all my dumb questions.

Curt Larsen

Offline Mike Gahagan

• Mike Gahagan-Gunmaker
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 11:34:26 PM »
I was glad that you came by to visit.Not many people come to my root cellar and it was nice to have someone to talk to besides myself.I am also glad to see that you made it off of LC`s mountain in one piece...Mike