Author Topic: Chambers Dale Johnson Siler Lock  (Read 4085 times)

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
Chambers Dale Johnson Siler Lock
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
I picked up one of the "Dale Johnson" Siler locks today at Friendship from Jim Chambers.  I got the one with the same cock he uses on the "Deluxe" Siler but you can get it with the standard Siler cock as well.  It is really a great looking lock that can give you a little alternative look, and after getting it home and looking at it really close I am just so impressed at the quality and feel of this lock.  Nothing surprising I know - Jim's stuff is always good - but this lock is just super.  I am told that LC Rice assembles these as well as the late Ketland.

The Kentucky Corps of Longriflemen raffle gun is a beautiful Mike Miller gun with a modified Dale Johnson lock - he rounded the pan and sculpted the bridle - it looks super and I intend to try the same on this one.

Guy

lew wetzel

Re: Chambers Dale Johnson Siler Lock
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 05:34:41 PM »
i recieved my colonia round faced lock yesterday from chambers and thr quality is top knotch.i am very impressed with it and stayed up till 2am inletting the plate into my stock.chambers does make the best locks.

Roy S.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:00:50 PM »
Its a neat lock.  I just put one in a piece of wood a few days ago... like the looks of it.

Offline flehto

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:21:05 PM »
I've got a Dale Johnson just sditting around....what style would it be appropriate for?.....Fred

Offline AndyThomas

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 02:52:22 AM »
I've got a nice sugar maple blank that wants real bad to be a early Dickert rifle with one of those locks and one of those Rice 46" barrels.  ;D

Maybe next year!  ;D

Andy
formerly the "barefoot gunsmith of Martin's Station" (now retired!)

www.historicmartinsstation.com