Author Topic: B.P. Trail  (Read 5648 times)

Al Lapp

B.P. Trail
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »
Got approval  from the C.F.O yesterday to continue to the final stage of the b. P. trail at our club. Only lost one firing position ( tree's are not considered a safe backstop no matter how many and how far the distance beyond the target). Anyway thought it turned out pretty well. Also our proposed 140 + - low velocity range got approval to continue construction. This range will be for cowboy action and black powder. I am trying to make B.P. shooting a little more interesting than just shooting at the regular 100 yd range.  ----- Al

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: B.P. Trail
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:44:59 AM »
Well Al (You don't mind if I call you Al do you? :)

Nothing wrong with 2 (or more targets) at the same station on that w walk.  That way you haven't lost a thing! :)

Al Lapp

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
Roger;
  No, I surely don't mind you calling me Al, That is how most of my friends address me. I was also thinking of a couple of targets per position. Also the one that I lost I was thinking about the possibility of Building a Fort wall with a parapet. That way I could raise the angle of my shot.As I remember #1 was only about 34 yds.  ---- Al

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 03:35:33 AM »
Al, Make the lost station a Hawk, knife position/ or fire starting spot, or some other kind of challenge that is non shooting.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 04:36:21 AM »
Good job, Al.

If I could hmake a suggestion, something along the lines of what Roger suggested about multiple targets at some shooting lanes, is to have different coloured gongs to separate pistol targets from rifle targets.  We make the smoothbore guys shoot the same targets as the rifles shoot.  Keeps them honest - well, most of them.

Leatherbelly

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 04:57:08 AM »
Hi Al,
 Great news for your club.(although I have a hard ..:o  with cowboy and indian shooters), Just another thought concerning multiples from one station:  you might want to put a bench or two to sit on near this station because during a match, shooters will bunch up waiting their groups turn.With a bench,the next group can harangue and pester the guys shooting. ;D ;D

Al Lapp

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
Thanks for the input guy's, gives me some ideas to ponder. Also I like the egg shoot on another thread. I don't think I would get to many shooters at $5.00 but maybe $3.00. I will have to put the idea to the group next sunday.  Al

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 07:35:39 PM »
The fees for the archery club to which I belong are nearly $200 annually, including the Provincial insurance package.  Yet, during the indoor season that is roughly 6 months of the year, the club charges a target fee of $1.00 per round of 30 arrows.  So we shoot two rounds a night, and often three times a week, or $6 per week.  It pays for the targets, and leaves a little for the awards banquet at the end of the indoor season.  No one complains.
When we shoot our trail, there is no fee at all.  Your membership alone permits you to shoot the trail as much as you wish.  So, wear and tear on the targets, paint, chain, etc. has always come out of general revenue.
Roger Fisher proposed  the egg shoot concept several years ago, and we instituted it at our club.  there are often only a handful of shooters - half a dozen - but we all gladly put in a fiver so the club makes a bit, and we have a chance at the "pot".  the pot presently is nearly $100.  No one has ever refused.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 08:53:37 PM »
Thanks for the input guy's, gives me some ideas to ponder. Also I like the egg shoot on another thread. I don't think I would get to many shooters at $5.00 but maybe $3.00. I will have to put the idea to the group next sunday.  Al
Our's works like this.... (Understand it is a line shoot rather than a trail)  We have a sign in sheet at target shack and a few set down a dollar bill and sign in.  Around 11 a.m or so when it looks as though whoever will show up is there I then walk the line and ask each shooter (eyeball to eyeball) if they want in that match.  Last month all but one guy signed up..Our pot is up to around $100 also.  winner gets 75% of said pot...

Asking each shooter works fairly well.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 12:16:05 AM »
"Asking each shooter works fairly well. "

especiallly if you are armed!! :o :o ;)
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Daryl

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »
The $100.00 'pot' Taylor spoke of, is the winner's pot, he gets it all. The club's part is already turned in.