Author Topic: A bit different shootin match  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

A bit different shootin match
« on: July 28, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
Weekend coming up at Blue Mt ML Club Shartlesville, Pa will include the normal paper matches and one installment of their annual chunk match plus the 200 yd offhand Jaeger target a buck a shot for closest to the X winner gets a hundred dollar bill and no 2nd place (1st loser) is paid.   Good competition and pokin and hopin is involved.  Its a different match and if you are in the area - join in!

Rollers count ;D

Daryl

Re: A bit different shootin match
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
That sounds like a good match, Roger.  

Here every Sunday that Taylor shows up (most), we who shoot the trail once a week, continue the 'egg shoot'.  There is a white chicken egg with a small nut hot-glued on one end, which rides a string stretched between two trees.  Everyone pays $5.00 for a single shot - 1/2 the proceeds goes to the BP section of the club & 1/2 to the one who breaks the egg.  So far, Taylor and Jody are the only ones to 'smash' an egg.  The range is 74 yards to the egg. Right now, the winning 'kitty' is over $80.00  Perhaps this coming sunday will have a winner - ME - ha! Shots are taken in order as drawn from a hat.
I like the idea of only a $1.00 a shot with the opportunity to win $100.00.  Should be easy, "A". ;D

It is a good way to earn money for the black powder section.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:40:27 PM by Daryl »

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 09:56:32 PM »
Back in the day, the Cache Valley Rondy used to feature a 200 or so yard match.  They hung a 1/4 stick of dynamite behind the half moon window on an outhouse & you had to shoot through the window to get her to go.  I nailed it once & it was fun.  Yes, it was a little nuts, but the guy running the shoot had a tanned cow's udder on his head for a hat.  I bit, & asked him what the udder was all about & he went on to tell me that he had lost his usual hat & had to wear his "udder" hat.  The price on that shoot was $1.00 & the prize was a case of some kind of soda.  The outhouse had walls that just leaned together, so the blast didn't really hurt much.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 12:04:02 AM »
We used to shoot alot of dinomite with centerfires but I didnt know that a round ball at 200 would still have enough smoke to get here to go off. That sounds like an interesting match.      Gary

northmn

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »
I used to enjoy payback matches.  We would ante 50cents per shooter and winner got half, club got half.  To give more chances we would have two or three stations going on at once so that the better shots would not "win everything" .   Basically it was interesting that the better shots would compete against each other (some guys were just more fun to beat).  The buckskinning element kind of killed those matches off before I moved on.

DP

ken

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 03:42:50 AM »
Hoping to see you there Roger! I replased the barrel on the old patch ripper and got her sighted in. Hope to give you a run for the money.