Author Topic: Long rifles in Misoula MT  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Dave B

Long rifles in Misoula MT
« on: August 07, 2010, 06:24:15 AM »
Hey, Any of you guys in Misoula MT area. You have got to go to the Gun show thats at the field house this weekend. We were just stopping for gas and I just happened to see the sign for the show starting today. We needed a break from driving so we dropped in. They had about eight or nine longrifles strewn throught the best antique gun show I have been to in a long time. I only wish I had gotten there in the moring vs late after noon. They were all out of my price range but I have not seen that many longrifles in one place out here save when Miike DeAmbra comes up to the Puyallup WA show.  I only wish I had a camera and they would allow photography. There is a attic condition bedford unrestored, a dutch fowler in great original flint condition from 1720's with a 60" barrel, a Huntington co. rifle with many silver inlays by P Donaldson? I cant recall if thats right or no now. A very well used J Henry rifle with a massive bore. an unsigned Iron mounted rifle with a two pice patch box that reminds me of the Hess style from Alenmengnal. It was too bad that we had a schedule to stay on and I could only spend two hours at the show before getting down the road. :-[ :-\
Dave Blaisdell