General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

Original or Repro York Co Screw tip on Ebay

<< < (2/2)

Randy Hedden:
I saw this horn when it was first posted and knew it wasn't very old. I kind pf thought the 07 meant made in 2007. I was unable to read all the rest of the numbers or even see the "M" in the circle.

I really don't think that the seller is trying to scam anybody. I believe he just doesn't know. He only has two items listed on Ebay, this horn and a fancy inlayed tomahawk which he clearly says is a reproduction.

We should also know it isn't an original York County horn because if it was there are enough serious horn collectors perusing ebay that the top bid would already be a lot more than what it is now.

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com

Randy Hedden:
The auction for this horn ended tonight. The winning bid was $177.50. This is a bit more than you usually see modern powder horns go for on Ebay. I would have expected more like $100.00. Anyhow, the serious horn collectors saw this horn for what it was and didn't bid on it or if they did bid they bid like it was an average modern horn.

Randy Hedden

G. Elsenbeck:
I see this morning that the 'vintage' york county screwtip is back up for auction.  Apparently the first bid winner decided it wasn't for them.  It will be interesting to see what price this goes for in the second round.  According to the seller the horn was picked up at a gun show last year and he paid around $150. 
Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version