Author Topic: A great target shot!!  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

A great target shot!!
« on: August 17, 2010, 06:19:43 PM »
Well I gotta tell ya..... Whispering Pines Rondy had as part of the men's agg the 6 in black bull offhand at 100 yds.  Another shooter stood there laid back as could be and calmly shot a 48 with x's with his self built flinter.  $#*!, I was happy with my 46x at 100 over the x stix!    That young guy is just deadly.  We all thought young Bob Pollock the 2nd would be screwed up shooting wise when we finally got him married off.   Nope didn't work ;D   BTW he won that agg with a 142 with x's out of possible 150.     25, 50 and 100 yds all offhand.  Some of these Yankees around here can shoot.... ;) ::)

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: A great target shot!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 06:34:36 PM »
That's exciting Roger.  Tell us about his load.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Jim Thomas

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:34:19 PM »
Given the wind conditions that was an unbelievable agg score that Bobby accomplished. 25,50 and 100yards offhand. I don't have the results in front of me.  If I remember correctly, 146 xx out of a possible 150.    Who's the wiseguy that introduced him to that gal?   He's got an offspring now, in a coon skin cap,  shooting sub junior!!    

The "pines" ended up with 101 registered shooters.   15 juniors which is wonderful.   Club members do not shoot at our rondy,  so to the 101  who took the time to take part in the event to support the Pines is.....well, we are all very grateful.

A blacksmith gave a couple dozen kids the opportunity to make their own dinnerbell  triangles....at no cost.  I don't think those kids will ever forget it.   Talk about a concert.  I went up to the firing line for peace and quiet!!     The one in my camp came up missing but I found it later packed in my pots and pans  ;)        

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:37:34 PM by Jim Thomas »

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 02:03:12 AM »
That's exciting Roger.  Tell us about his load.
I'm sure it is a 45 with teflon but the powder charge is not known to me; but certainly is not straining the breech.... :)  The kids a natural.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:46:02 AM »
Anyone that can shoot like that should be headed to the NMLRA National Spring Shoot next year.  I may as well stay home... ;D

Always nice to hear when we have a fellow muzzle loader in our ranks that excels at what he/she does. :)

Daryl

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 03:18:39 AM »
Wow- good shooting, both of you.  The Lad did exceptionally well.  One individual around here has that talent - good thing he doesn't practise.