Author Topic: Dennis Priddy Air Rifle  (Read 4786 times)

cahil_2

Dennis Priddy Air Rifle
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
There is a Dennis Priddy Air Rifle listed on the CLA sight.  This is a copy of an original and a must see if you love black powder guns.  I know Dennis and have seen and shot this gun.  It is a work of art.  Check it out.

Offline Don Getz

Re: Dennis Priddy Air Rifle
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
Dennis showed the gun to me at the CLA show, nice piece of work, also a lot of special engineering to get that speceial
valve to work correctly.   I think it would be a lot of fun to shoot, and, when your finished, no black powder $#@* to clean
up...........Don

spickett

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »
Does anyone have pictures of this rifle?  I can't believe that I didn't see it at the CLA show.  I am really interested in building one myself and would love to see more examples.  I think it would make a great squirrel rifle in a small caliber.  There are a couple of guys in California that have copied the Lukens style air rifle and the Girandoni air rifle thought to be carried by Lewis and Clark in 1803.  Here is a link to their website and man did they do some amazing work.  One is a detist named Martin Orro.

http://orro.net/?p=1_5_Non-dental

Scott

cahil_2

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:19 AM »
Scott if you go to the cla sight and contact Dennis, I am sure he will send you any pictures that you want.  Also muzzle blasts is supposed to be doing an article on it this fall.  He is going to have it at friendship in Sep at Gun makers Hall.  mark