Author Topic: First pictures from Heffley Creek '10  (Read 6253 times)

Harnic

First pictures from Heffley Creek '10
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:25:59 AM »
I wasn't able to stay at Heffley Creek this year, but made it up for a day to visit Taylor, Daryl, & all my other buddies there.  Taylor was showing off again & shot a clean round, never missed once even when his flint disintegrated & the rifle hung badly!  The man is a ROCK!!  I had a great day & hopefully will manage more next year!  Here's some pictures I took: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/Harnic/Heffley_10/?albumview=slideshow
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:28:48 AM by Harnic »

doug

Re: First pictures from Heffley Creek '10
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:11:20 PM »
     excellent photos.  I thoroughly enjoyed the rendezvous again this year.  Strange weather though; Thursday was cold and windy and wind and some rain and cold continued until around Tuesday when the weather turn increasingly warm and nice.  Then on Saturday around supper time, the heavens opened up and a firmnament descended upon the earth for about 1/2 hour.  Even on the slope there was 1/2 inch of water on the ground.
     I was worried about my flinter drowning during a short spirited drizzle on Saturday morning but it continued to fire.
     Also shot in Daryl's chunk gun shoot and that was a learning experience.  Particularly - pick a spot where the ground is not angling up behind you; with a deep hooked butt, the top corner of the butt digs significantly into your shoulder even with a light charge.  I was left with the impression that the fine points of the fore end support and shoulder support are considerably more important than I have noticed in bench shooting.  My second group was terrible and far worse than off the bench hence my speculation on the cause.

cheers Doug

Harnic

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »
Thanks Doug, glad you made it up again this year.  I spotted you off in the distance at lunch time on the first Saturday, but by the time I finished you were gone so I never got another chance to say hi.  Next year!

Al Lapp

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 02:54:39 AM »
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.    Al

Harnic

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 03:28:13 AM »
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.    Al

You're welcome Al!  I always enjoy it when others post pix of their good times, so it was only fair I reciprocate.  Hopefully some of the other forum members at Heffley had their cameras along.

lonehunter

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 03:35:05 AM »
Great picts! Thanks for sharing!

Harnic

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:59:04 AM »
Great picts! Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to ALR Lonehunter!  Glad you enjoyed the pix.

Daryl

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 12:35:35 AM »
Good pics Harry - thanks.  I had my camera along but didn't take a single picture this year.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 03:34:06 AM »
Your pictures are great Harry.  Even having been there, it's great to see the pictures...captured moments in time.  You are too kind  with your critique of my shooting prowess.  But I did have a great week.  My favouorite match was the squirrel shoot that the Americans put on.
It was great to see you again.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

doug

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »
      here are some photos to add to Harnic's.  The people shooting are in the chunk gun shoot and the kids are taking my dog moon for a walk.  About supper time on the last Saturday, a firmnament descended upon the earth and the photos are from my tent during and just after the rain.

cheers Doug

Daryl

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »
Taylor won the chunk match by almost 3".  Our own (ALR) Neil Hunter placed second on this, his first chunk match.  Look out next year!

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 02:39:39 AM »
Thanks for the added pictures Doug.  What a great week!!
!!
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Harnic

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:40:19 AM »
Cool pix Doug!  Thanks for sharing!  Taylor & Daryl, it was really good to see you both again, it's been too long!  Hopefully I'll get some strength back soon & make the trek up to PG for a shoot with you folks!  I'm going to build a new rifle this winter, after over 30 years with flintlocks I think it's time for a nice 62 cal Track Bridger Hawken.  With a tapered barrel & that huge bore, it should be light enough out front for me.  I enjoy shooting my caplock revolver so I bet I'll like a caplock rifle too!  Nice shooting again Taylor!