Author Topic: isaac haines or other lancaster rifle patterns?  (Read 17802 times)

animus_divinus

Re: isaac haines or other lancaster rifle patterns?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 10:48:43 PM »
im looking for a general template to work from at minimum, just a general style as a starting point in which i can expand from, ive taken some side and top view images from a plains rifle, and have actually been able to make a 3 dimensional stock i can now finish generating in solidworks and create printable patterns from.. ill build one based largely around these templates first, and expand from there

(ill have 3 dimensional models of the plains rifle, haines design, and the jaeger for now) and ill work on the civil war muskets later... not sure which one ill start my work with.. probably the haines

chuck-ia

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 02:25:24 AM »
I am just a beginner so I should keep my oppinion to myself, but, this sounds way too confusing to me, after all lthe blueprints and computer stuff, you still have to inlet the barrel, lock, drill ramrod hole, (hopefully where it is suppose to be) and much more. Most people I know think of a flintlock as a simple tool, and like to build using simple methods. I have used blueprints from Track, North Star West, and a blue print from a gillespie rifle, all bllue prints were very helpfull. I do think planning is an important part of a build. I am mainley a lurker here, but listen carefully to the great builders on this site. Different strokes for different folks. Have fun, chuck

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 03:13:48 AM »
Western Kentucky University!.......OOps :-[ :-[  No offence intended

None taken in the least.  ;D
Psalms 144

Leatherbelly

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 04:38:14 AM »
 Yep, you'll end up with a jackhandle.. You're missing the human element. Heart and soul go into building a good longrifle,not to mention blood,sweat and tears! It's art, man,it's art!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:40:58 AM by Leatherbelly »