Author Topic: BP Shoot, Stone Ridge , N.Y. All ML's Welcome!  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Maven

BP Shoot, Stone Ridge , N.Y. All ML's Welcome!
« on: September 19, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
It's that time of year again and my club* and I invite you to attend our ML Hunting Challenge, so named because the course of fire uses NMLRA animal targets @ 25-, 50- and 100 yds.; 20 shots in all. We'll begin at 9:30AM and have food available for purchase too. The entry fee is $10.00. Our address is 105 Scarawan Rd., Stone Ridge, N.Y. and can be reached via the NYS Thruway, Exit 19 (Kingston) or Exit 18 (New Paltz). PM me if you think you'd be attending and need more specific directions. As always, I'd be pleased to meet you.  And the date the shoot date is Sunday, September 26.

Paul

Marbletown Sportsmen
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:44:38 PM by pwbrasky »
Paul W. Brasky

mglamb

Re: BP Shoot, Stone Ridge , N.Y. All ML's Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:35:20 AM »
Date?

Offline Maven

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »
September 26.  I edited the original post to include the date.  Thanks for the reminder!
Paul W. Brasky

Offline Maven

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »
Well, the shoot was a success, but that's a relative term.  I.e., the weather was perfect:  mid-60's, low humidity, no wind (a rarity on our range).  All 6 of us had a good time and there were no safety violations of any kind; no blow ups (guns, tempers) either.  Moreover, one of our participants saw this notice here and decided to join us.  (Thanks for attending, Jim!).  However, we weren't overjoyed by the lack of participation by our club members:  5 of the participants were club members, but the other 108 were nowhere to be seen, and many of them own BP rifles, mostly inlines, but they were allowed:  We even lend people a rifle if they wish to shoot.  Anyway, it was an enjoyable day and, perhaps I shouldn't mention this, but I took 2nd place, which was a complete surprise as I thought I shot poorly.  A 6th shot on two targets (5 shots each allowed) knocked me out of 1st place.  Maybe I should consider one of those Merit Optical Disks, as I couldn't see those 6th shots even when viewed through a 40X spotting scope?
Paul W. Brasky