Author Topic: Gunmakers School Update  (Read 2577 times)

HistoricalArmsMaker

Gunmakers School Update
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:49:30 AM »
Just got back from Friendship and read through your replies on the previous post about my offering a gunmakers school. Sure appreciate all your insights and got a lot of feedback and genuine interest at Friendship. Those of you who have attended those shows have seen examples of my work on display there both in my booth and in gunmakers hall, as well as the seminars I have been teaching on the use of Golden Mean in historical arms gunmaking. This year so far I have managed to produce 58 pistols into the white for customers, four completely finished, 4 finished longrifles and 12 or so in the white. You can see examples of my work on my website at MuzzleloaderBuildersSuppy.com and others within my catalog. As soon as I learn how to upload photos here, I will do so upon request.  I do love to teach, and have been putting on a school here for local Arkansans for 1-1/2 years.

I will be preparing a camping area in our field at our location for future RV and tent use, but anyone camping will need to contact me so we can address your needs.

Also, another well known builder will be scheduled as well as soon as we nail down all the courses we intend to offer.

Right now, it looks like the course will start with a 3 (or 4) day weekend "start-up" which will begin with barrel, tang, lock and buttplate inletting into the stock. Then, the option of continuing a 6 day course or you can reschedule to complete the course at another time. And Getting fed lunch won't be an issue, so don't worry about that.

I am still accepting feedback while I put the courses together! This is going to be an ongoing school. Stay tuned! As soon as I have the courses worked out and a general idea of dates I'll give a heads-up!

Thanks guys!
Susie

Offline Steve Bookout

• AF & AM, #59
    • Toad Hall Rifleshop
Re: Gunmakers School Update
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 11:43:42 PM »
Suzanne, You've been busy!  Sounds like a great plan.  Good luck!  Cheers,  Bookie
Steve Bookout, PhD, CM, BSM
University of South Viet Nam
Class of 1969
Class of 1970
Class of 1971