Author Topic: Reedy Day in Gratz  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Karl Kunkel

Reedy Day in Gratz
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:18:26 AM »
It was a rainy day in central PA, precluding completion of my planned honey-do list, when I noticed in the paper that it had been declared Leonard Reedy Day in Gratz.
The local historical society dedicated a historical marker was in front of his residence, and the Sons of the Revolution and DAR were to hold a ceremony at his grave in the local cemetary.  There was also a nice display of KRA Reedy rifles, plus a few locally owned attributed pieces.

Art DeCamp, Mark Wheland and the KRA were there.  I know there were others there, but with the rain and different events being moved around and rescheduled, people were in and out of the historical society auditorium.

Northern most Dauphin County is a beautiful place to drive through, even on a rainy day.  It was a nice chance to see some originals up close, and to see a small town recognize it's past.
Kunk

Offline Tom Currie

Re: Reedy Day in Gratz
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
Kunk, Those of you who live in PA are sure fortunate to be able to take in those kind of events. It's nice see those communities celebrate thier past.